On the heels of our post about the biggest sports disaster in Kentucky history, Team Speed Kills has compiled the nominees from the participating SEC blogs. As you might expect, there are some pretty awesome disasters on there, and although they are all pretty team-specific, some definitely do stand out over others.
Here is a quick rundown of the other nominees:
- Alabama (Roll 'Bama Roll) - The years between 2000-2006, when the Crimson Tide lost an unprecedented number of games.
- Arkansas (Arkansas Expats) - 2012 — The year.
- Georgia (Dawg Sports): - Mike Adams, former UGA president who hired Jim Harrick
- LSU (And The Valley Shook) - Curley Hallman, former football coach
- South Carolina (Garnet And Black Attack) - 1984 loss to Navy that cost them a chance at a Mythical National Championship.
- Tennessee (Rocky Top Talk) - Derek Dooley.
- Texas A&M (Good Bull Hunting): Hiring Dennis Fancione as head football coach.
Go on over to Team Speed Kills and check out all the nominess. Then cast your vote for the overall worst disaster. Right now, Kentucky seems to be tied with Texas A&M.