Kentucky makes the trip to Fayetteville to challenge the Arkansas Razorbacks. Kentucky needs to win this game to keep their momentum going.
For several years now, the Arkansas Razorbacks have just been another game on the schedule of the Kentucky Wildcats. This year, however, the game with the Razorbacks will have a big effect on Kentucky getting to the NCAA Tournament. A loss here will seriously harm those chances, although it will by no means end them.
Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky at Arkansas
Sat., Mar. 2 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | UA
|TV: CBS Sports
Radio: UK IMG
Arkansas is coming off back-to-back losses on the road, at Florida and at LSU. Kentucky is coming off 3 straight wins and has been playing a lot better than they did in losses to Florida and Tennessee.
What it will take for Kentucky to win today:
- Good ballhandling: Arkansas is a pressure team, and if the pressure gets to Kentucky, I foresee a loss. UK must attack the Razorback pressure effectively.
- A strong performance on the offensive glass: Kentucky has a big advantage in the offensive rebound area, and they need to exploit it.
- Better defense: Kentucky has been defending poorly, even if their offense has been much better. Arkansas isn't a great offensive team, but they are much more dangerous from the perimeter at home than on the road.
- Another good game from Alex Poythress: Poythress is a guy Arkansas really has no good matchup for.
- Archie Goodwin must be effective: Goodwin has been showing signs of maturity. This would be a great place for him to break out.
I confess, I am not optimistic about this game. Arkanasas needs a win, and Kentucky has had a bit of a winning streak. I fear that the Razorbacks might want this one more, and that is never a good thing. Kentucky reall needs to show their stuff today in order to win.