For several years now, the Arkansas Razorbacks have just been another game on the schedule of the Kentucky Wildcats. This year, however, the game with the Razorbacks will have a big effect on Kentucky getting to the NCAA Tournament. A loss here will seriously harm those chances, although it will by no means end them.
Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky at Arkansas
Sat., Mar. 2 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | UA
|TV: CBS Sports
Radio: UK IMG
Arkansas is coming off back-to-back losses on the road, at Florida and at LSU. Kentucky is coming off 3 straight wins and has been playing a lot better than they did in losses to Florida and Tennessee.
What it will take for Kentucky to win today:
- Good ballhandling: Arkansas is a pressure team, and if the pressure gets to Kentucky, I foresee a loss. UK must attack the Razorback pressure effectively.
- A strong performance on the offensive glass: Kentucky has a big advantage in the offensive rebound area, and they need to exploit it.
- Better defense: Kentucky has been defending poorly, even if their offense has been much better. Arkansas isn't a great offensive team, but they are much more dangerous from the perimeter at home than on the road.
- Another good game from Alex Poythress: Poythress is a guy Arkansas really has no good matchup for.
- Archie Goodwin must be effective: Goodwin has been showing signs of maturity. This would be a great place for him to break out.
I confess, I am not optimistic about this game. Arkanasas needs a win, and Kentucky has had a bit of a winning streak. I fear that the Razorbacks might want this one more, and that is never a good thing. Kentucky reall needs to show their stuff today in order to win.