So far, Mark Stoops has walked the walk - US PRESSWIRE
The Cats wait to hear from two big prospects on on the eve of National Signing Day.
UPDATE: Ryan Timmons has committed to UK.
We are now one day away from National Signing Day and while the Kentucky Wildcats' class has really taken shape, there are still 2 or 3 key commits out there who could really make the class. Last night UK got its 20th commitment when 6'4" Florida offensive lineman Nick Haynes joined the fold.
This followed up the big news of Friday where Kentucky added:
- Four star RB Jojo Kemp, a 6'0" 190lb power runner for Deland High School in Florida
- WR Jeff Badet, a high three star from Orlando who held a number of big-time offers.
There are, in my mind, four key players still on the board, two of whom are reportedly likely to commit, and two of whom now appear to be a longshots:
- Ryan Timmons, a 5'11" WR/ATH local from Franklin County High School who is considered one of the three or four best prospects in the state. UK was in the running with the Florida Gators and Ohio St. Buckeyes, though OSU appears to have dropped out over the last week. Timmons is reportedly announcing his college choice at 1pm today. All signs point to Kentucky.
- James Hearns, yet another Florida kid, is a big ILB from Tallahassee. Like Timmons, Hearns is a four star guy according to ESPN. He has offers from everywhere, including home town FSU and Alabama. He was previously committed to Florida, but had his offer pulled due to concerns over academics. Even with all the big time offers, Kentucky is the favorite.
- Asiantii Woulard is ESPN's #1 rated dual threat QB in the country. The four star from Winter Park High School in (you guessed it) Florida was once considered a UK lean, but is now said to be choosing between UCLA and USF. However it shakes out, Woulard is announcing his college choice on signing day at 12:30 on ESPNU.
- Jason Hatcher, DE, Trinity. I'm not sure what to say about Hatcher. He has supposedly both decommitted and recommitted to USC, yet there is a school of thought that has Kentucky still in his mix. I'll believe that when I see it.
Finally, Kentucky Sport Radio is reporting that 4-star DT and LSU verbal Tevin Lawson is considering UK and will make an official visit this weekend, after national signing day. Les Miles has reportedly asked Lawson to greyshirt, causing Lawson to reconsider his commitment.
Knowing that there are always some surprises on signing day, this still shapes up to be a strong UK class regardless. Keep an eye out for Timmons today and hopefully other good news flows from that tomorrow.