So we finally come to it -- the game we have been waiting for. The Kentucky Wildcats, newly elevated into the AP poll at 25, takes on the #7 Florida Gators tonight in the O Dome in Gainesville.
Game particulars are as follows:
|Kentucky at Florida
Tues., Feb. 12 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | UF
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via WatchESPN
If Kentucky is to win tonight, they must try to:
- Force the Florida guards to put it on the floor, and avoid surrendering 3-point shots;
- Attack the rim relentlessly, and get to the free throw line.
- Take care of the basketball. Florida is undefeated when opponents turn the ball over 20% of the time, or more. Every one of Florida's 3 losses were sub 20% turnover games.
- Shoot a high percentage. It may seem obvious, but you have to score to beat the Gators.
- Try to get Florida in foul trouble. They play only an 8-man rotation, and without Will Yeguete, the Gators' front line is vulnerable to foul problems.
- Try to make it a faster game. Florida can play fine that way, but with a shorter bench, it might make them less effective.
This is a big game for Kentucky, win or lose. It is the first top ten RPI team they have played since the Louisville Cardinals, and that fact alone helps Kentucky. Winning on the road would help a lot more.