GOG Rules and Explanation
The Preseason GOG will give you an explanation of the game and provide more detail about the question types if you have any questions.
GOG #11 Results
GOG #11 results.
This will be the last Football GOG of the year. There are still a few questions on the preseason GOG that will have to wait until the end of bowl season to answer, so expect final results to be posted some time in early-to-mid January. I think the first year of the football GOG was a big success: THANK YOU to everyone who played this year!
Football GOG 2013 #12: Tennessee [Max 23 points]
Answers are due by 7:00 PM on Saturday, November 30.
- Who wins the game? [+/- 1 point] Tennessee
- How many points does UK score? [4/3/2/1 point] 14
- How many points does Tennessee score? [4/3/2/1 point] 27
- How many total tackles for Avery Williamson? [5 points; 3 points if within two; 1 point if within four] 6
- How many sacks + turnovers forced for the Wildcat defense? [5 points; 3 points if within three; 1 point if within five] 3
- Which team rushes for more yards? [+/- 1 point] Tennessee
- Which team commits the fewest number of penalties? [+/-1 point] Tennessee
- List the top 3 rushers (in terms of yards) for Kentucky from 1st to 3rd. [1 point for correct player, 1 point for correct place] Mobley, Kemp, Whitlow
- What is Kentucky's combined conversion rate on 3rd and 4th downs? Choose One: 0 - 30% [3 points]; 30.1 - 40% [2 points]; 40.1% or more [3 points] 30.1 - 40 (5 of 15)
- There are 4 games being played between SEC and ACC teams this Saturday. What is the combined margin of victory for SEC teams in these games (note this number will be negative in the case of a loss)? [4/3/2/1 point] minus 7
Bonus: Let's play fantasy football!
Okay, this will take a bit of explaining but should be fun. For the bonus question you will select a member of the UK team and receive points based on what they do on the field. Each player may be selected a maximum of 2 times. You will receive points in the following manner:
For offensive plays:
- 1 point for every 20 receiving yards
- 1 point for every 20 rushing yards
- 1 point for every 50 passing yards
- 2 points for every rushing, receiving, passing, or return touchdown
- -1 point for every turnover committed
For defensive plays:
- 0.5 points for every tackle
- 1 point for every sack or tackle for a loss
- 2 points for every turnover forced
- 1 point for every 10 return yards after a fumble or interception
Just indicate your chosen player and the points they accrue will be added to your total. Remember: Each player may be selected a maximum of 2 times so make sure you check what other people have chosen or else your entry will not count.
Update (4:15 PM): To help people out, the following players have been selected twice and are no longer available:
Jalen Whitlow, Jojo Kemp, Dyshawn Mobley, Avery Williamson
Bonus Points: Whitlow (0); Williamson (3); Kemp (1); Mobley (7.5); Blue (4); Smith (3)
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|