Here we go, the last ballot of the season for the BlogPoll.
What follows is my draft ballot. Comments follow below.
- I was torn between Notre Dame and Texas A&M for 3rd. In the end, Notre Dame's tougher schedule won out.
- Where to put Ohio St.? Well, I established their limit at 6th back during the season. Arguably, they belong higher, but not on my ballot.
- If seeing Louisville at #14 and Vanderbilt at #24 does not fire up Kentucky fans, nothing will. That's taking nothing away from either school, they both earned their place.
- Utah St. was a tough one for me. I could make an argument they are too low.
- Northwestern feels high to me, but that's how it worked out.
This was a funny year. You know that Notre Dame deserved to be in the final, and you knew that Oregon was perhaps the only non-SEC school that had any chance at all (other than perhaps Ohio St.) to pull off the upset. I really doubt that the playoff would have helped this year, but you never know. We'll get to see in a couple of years if it's better, or has limited efficacy. I'm of the opinion that a little is better than zero.
If you see anything that you think needs changing, suggest it before tomorrow at 9:00 AM.