Here are the game particulars courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky vs. Eastern Michigan
Weds., Jan. 2 - 6:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | EMU
Gameday Live: Online audio, blog and stats
Radio: UK IMG
It will be interesting to see if Kentucky lets down its guard against the vastly inferior EMU Eagles. If they don't, this should be a relatively easy game for this improving Kentucky squad. If they do, we will hear a lot of John Calipari yelling and stamping, because the Rupp Arena crowd will be silent as a tomb if the Eagles stay anywhere near Kentucky after the first 15 minutes or so.
What I hope to see:
- A better Alex Poythress. He doesn't have to lead the team in scoring, just be a factor, and play defense.
- More 3-point shots. EMU is a zone team, so we should see lots of them;
- Better transition offense and defense;
- Continued rebounding improvement;
- Continued communication improvement.
This is the last really easy game (at least it should be) before conference play begins. I'd much rather go into conference playing well than struggling against a team 260 spots worse than Kentucky. Let's hope the 'Cats give us something to cheer about so we can move on from that last loss.