Kentucky heads south to Auburn, Alabama to challenge the Tigers on their home floor.
Tonight's game against Auburn is a chance for Kentucky to finally get themselves on a trajectory that Kentucky fans have been hoping for all season. But it won't come easy, because the Tigers have been doing good work on defense and playing better than expected.
Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com
|Kentucky at Auburn
Sat., Jan. 19 - 9:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | AU
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via WatchESPN
What I hope to see tonight:
- Kyle Wiltjer to build on his last game, and use his size and skill to be more than just a spot-up shooter;
- Kentucky's offensive execution to continue to improve;
- Avoid fouls on Nerlens Noel. He represents pretty much our only front-court defense;
- Force Auburn to put the ball on the floor and beat us inside the arc.
- Shoot the ball better. The Wildcats really haven't shot it well during the SEC season so far.
- Convince me that they have an identity.
This game looks tougher to me than it ought to, and so far, the 'Cats haven't played a good road game that they've won. It would be nice if they did so tonight.