In addition to being the first ever visit by the Texas A&M Aggies to Rupp Arena as an SEC team, this is a huge recruiting weekend for Mark Stoops and the Kentucky football team. Stoops & Co. are hosting many highly-ranked football prospects, and so far, we have at least one commitment.
Tweet of the Morning:
Let this happen, please.
Also hearing that Cincy OT Kyle Meadows has committed to Kentucky today.— Steve Jones (@SteveJones_CJ) January 12, 2013
Kyle Meadows is a very highly regarded 3-star player who has taken other official visits to Oklahoma and Louisville and is a target or WVU— Steve Jones (@SteveJones_CJ) January 12, 2013
The University of Kentucky football team is in the process of its most significant recruiting weekend of new coach Mark Stoops’ tenure with a large group of official visitors in Lexington.Keep your fingers crossed. And your toes ...
- Hiring of wide receiver coach to complete Kentucky football staff // The Courier-Journal
- Kentucky Sports Radio // Texas A&M By The Numbers
- Aggies' SEC welcome tour heads to Kentucky // Houston Chronicle
The Wildcats and Bruins have shown signs of figuring things out now that league play has begun, but the Tar Heels' struggles have worsened.All three of these teams will be dangerous by year's end.
- Kentucky vs Texas A&M History // Ky Cat Stats
Other UK sports
- Gymnastics Shines, Earns First SEC Road Win Since 1999 // UKAthletics.com
- Rifle welcomes intensity of top-five matchup with Alaska-Fairbanks // Cat Scratches
College football roundup: Three Alabama players turning pro early // Yahoo! Sports
No surprise, especially in the case of Fluker and Lacy. Millener's case, to me, is a little less convincing.
- College hoops viewer's guide: Indiana - Minnesota headlines stacked Saturday // SBNation.com
Other sports news
NBA - Rising Clippers PG Eric Bledsoe might start for another team next season // ESPN
If you had told me Bledsoe would have started off his career better than John Wall, I never would have believed it.
Josh Harrellson signs 10-day deal with Heat
Well, Josh is still hanging around. No idea what's next.