Welcome to the live game thread for the Kentucky Wildcats at Vanderbilt Commodores. Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky at Vanderbilt
Thurs., Jan. 10 - 9:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | VU
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via WatchESPN
For the first time in years, the Commodores are major underdogs to Kentucky. The exodus of Festus Ezeli, Jeffrey Taylor, John Jenkins, Steve Tchiengang and Brad Tinsley decimated the 'Dores' offense, and right now, Vandy is 209th in Division I when it comes to offensive efficiency. Yikes.
What I hope to see tonight:
- Continued development in all aspects of basketball, particularly in terms of communication;
- Results from the Alex Poythress Project, particularly when it comes to getting in position defensively;
- A little swagger. This team needs to go into this game with just a little bit;
- Ryan Harrow continue his outstanding play;
- Better ball movement against the zone, and a smarter zone offense.
It's never easy going to Vanderbilt, but this year they are definitely a long shot to upset Kentucky. With that said, UK cannot take this team for granted, because they are fully capable of going off from three. Combined with the weird arrangement of that gym, the Wildcats take the Commodores lightly at their peril.
Consider no lead safe, and when the game is over, the margin is the margin.