The NCAA has not yet contacted Nerlens Noel or his mother. (via SportsAngle.com)
Zagsblog is reporting that Nerlens Noel told them that the NCAA has not directly contacted him or his mother directly:
"No, the NCAA hasn’t contacted me or my mom directly," the 6-foot-10 Noel, the projected No. 1 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, said Thursday night by phone.
Not really surprising, I would say. If the NCAA is doing an inquiry as Pete Thamel reported earlier this week, and I have no reason to doubt they are, they would normally gather some information before talking to the prospect or his parents.
But then there is this:
"I don’t want to be too specific, but I’m in a good position to qualify," Noel said in response to the story.
"There’s not really much I have to do to not qualify. I’m mean, in a great position right now, there’s nothing really wrong with the situation."
The article goes on to quote Noel about the reclassification process, and it seems more minor than many, especially rivals of Kentucky or certain media members have described.
Here is another interesting nugget:
Asked for any additional comment on the New York Times story, Noel said: "At the end of the day, the media is going to be the media and do what they do but I mean, the main thing is just to staying positive and never really letting the media get you down, cause that’s how its going to be at the end of the day."
He's right, from his standpoint. The media has it's job, and you just have to move on.
There is a lot more in this piece worth reading, and I'm not going to excerpt it all. Read the whole thing.