Kentucky faces the Mississippi schools in back to back games, starting with a Saturday contest against the Ole Miss Akbars and followed by a trip to Starkville against the Bulldogs. One wonders if any Kentucky players will get calls on their cell phones this year from Mississippi St fans.
Remaining GOG Schedule
- GOG #17: Vanderbilt
- GOG #18: Georgia, Florida
- GOG #19: SEC Tournament
- GOG #20: NCAA Tournament
GOG introduction and rules here.
GOG #15 has been scored. Congratulations to a2d2 and btcoop71 for the win!
Entries are due by 4:00 PM Saturday, February 18.
GOG 2011-12 #16: Ole Miss and Mississippi St [max 41 points]
- Does UK beat Ole Miss by 15 points or more? [+1 point if correct, -1 if incorrect] yes
- Does UK beat Mississippi St? [+1 point if correct, -1 if incorrect] yes
- What is UK's longest scoring run in the game? A scoring run is defined as the number of consecutive points scored by UK without Ole Miss scoring at all (ex:6-0 run, 8-0 run, etc). [4 points] 9 points in a row (a couple of times)
- In like a lion...How many points do the teams combine to score before the first media timeout (both games combined)? [4/3/2/1 points] 37
- ...out like a lamb? How many points do the teams combine to score after the last media timeout of the 2nd half (both games combined) ? [4/3/2/1 points] 18 (hey, I guessed those labels correctly!)
- Which Wildcat has the best +/- score (per statsheet) for the game against Ole Miss? [3 points] Doron Lamb
- Scoring three points at a time the old fashioned way. How many "and 1" opportunities do the Cats get against Ole Miss? That is, how many times are they fouled while making a field goal? How many times do they convert those "and 1" chances? [3 points each, 6 points total] 2 chances, 1 conversion
- Predict Terrence Jones's points scored before his 1st foul/2nd foul/3rd foul. [2 points each, 6 points total] FAIL. This was supposed to be against Ole Miss, but I took everyone's guess and compared them to both Ole Miss and Miss St and awarded points if they matched either one. Ole Miss: 15/15/15 (Jones with no fouls!) Miss. St: 5/7/11
- Arnett Moultrie is having a terrific season and is a legitimate POY candidate. Predict his points/rebounds/FT Attempts. [2 points each, 6 points total] 13/11/1
- Mississippi St has been a tough game for UK for quite some time now. How many ties and lead changes occur in the game? [3 points each, 6 points total] 0 ties, 1 lead change
- Special Bonus: Predict the total number of field goal attempts + free throw attempts in both games by all teams combined. The closest answer will get 3 points and everyone within 20 will get 1 point. 289 - kydamcat nailed this exactly, which I decided was worth an extra point
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|
|Anything but Gatorade||1||15||15||0.32|