The Maui Monkey wants to see a real team today.
Lipscomb University comes up from Nashville to take on Kentucky today in Rupp Arena.
|Kentucky vs. Lipscomb
Sat., Dec. 15 - 12:30 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | LU
Gameday Live: Online video, audio, blog and stats
Radio: UK IMG
Today, the Wildcats face a Lipscomb team that is very much as advertised so far this year. They are smaller than the Wildcats in almost every position, but they do have a large center and have been an above-average offensive rebounding team this year. That's the one area where any improvement in the Wildcats should show up.
What I hope to see:
- Patient, efficient offense;
- Improved transition offense and defense. In the last game against the Portland Pilots, both sides of transition were notably horrible;
- Value possessions. Lipscomb will play fast, so the tendency will be not to value possessions. I'd like to see Kentucky overcome that tendency;
- Attack the offensive glass. Top to bottom, Kentucky is bigger, and there is no excuse for them to allow the Bisons to beat them on the glass;
- Continued strong defensive play;
- Sharper offensive execution;
- Improvement in Ryan Harrow and Kyle Wiltjer.
Let's hope the Wildcats are ready to show us the team that we have all been expecting.