Big news this morning as Neal Brown rejoins the Kentucky football program, this time as offensive coordinator. Chad Scott from Texas Tech also comes over as running backs coach.
Tweets of the Morning:
Note on Chad Scott, reportedly joining UK as RB coach: Texas Tech averaged 84 ypg rushing in 2009 before Scott, then 141.3 ypg in 2010.— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) December 10, 2012
Note on John Schlarman, reportedly joining UK as OL coach: Troy only allowed 15 sacks in '12 despite 509 pass attempts (12th-most in FBS).— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) December 10, 2012
- Writer says quarterbacks loved playing for Neal Brown at Texas Tech // vaughtsviewsWriter says quarterbacks loved playing for Neal Brown at Texas Tech // vaughtsviews
Texas Tech writer praises recruiting ability of Chad Scott and sees him as perfect fit with Neal Brown // vaughtsviews
Word is, Scott will be our new running backs coach at UK.
- Former Wildcats to join Stoops staff
- Maxwell Smith has met Neal Brown // John Clay's Sidelines
- Chart: Neal Brown’s numbers at Texas Tech // John Clay's Sidelines
Work hard, play hard // CoachCal.com
This team is going to test Calipari like no other in recent history.
- Randle to Visit Kansas in February // ZagsBlog.com
Kentucky Sports Radio // Playboy Picks Kentucky to Reach Championship Game
John Gasaway is a smart guy. We'll have to see if he's right.
Other UK sports
- Stallworth Powers Hoops in Win Over MTSU // UKAthletics.com
- UK Hoops: Where's A'Dia? // A Sea Of Blue
- Women's college basketball - Kentucky Wildcats coming on strong // ESPN
- Good for him.
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week.— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) December 10, 2012
Ricky Seals-Jones commits to Texas A&M over LSU // SBNation.com
Wow. Look out, SEC.
Mike MacIntyre to Colorado as new football coach, according to report // SBNation.com
Another coach UK was said to be interested in gets picked up.
- The SEC is a zero sum game // Saturday Down South
- Worst. Free throw attempt. Ever.
Men's NCAA Division 1 basketball players have one of the worst graduation rates in college sports, according to a study by the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport. More than a dozen schools didn't graduate at least half their players in recent seasons, according to the study, which looked at how many players completed their degrees in six years. For instance, the University of Connecticut graduates 25% of its players; the University of Florida graduates 38%, Michigan 45%, and at Indiana it was 47%.Hmm. That's not particularly impressive IU. I wonder what UK's rates are?
Tubby Smith Wins No. 500 at Southern Cal // AllKyHoops.com
Congrats to Coach Smith!
- No. 21 UNLV vs. California final score // SBNation.com
Other sports news
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Injury Scare(Don’t Worry He Gets Right Back Up Like Always) // Everything Kentucky Online
"I still made some mistakes and I still left some plays out there," said Cobb.That's how you think when you want to be great.