Look at that - the Notre Dame basketball team has more losses than the Notre Dame football team. What is this world coming to?
The Cats face off with the Fightin' Irish Thursday in the SEC-Big East Invitational for the 2nd time in 3 years. Those folks looking to compare the current UK squad to the team of 2010-11 have a superficial data point to use.
Tentative Upcoming GOG Schedule (to help you plan your GOGness):
GOG #5: Baylor (men) and Louisville (women)
Special Note: I have something new planned for a bonus question on GOG #5. You will be given the chance to "draft" a Wildcat player - male or female - and receive points based on their production (details will be in the GOG). Because this is a draft each player may only be selected 1 time: it's a first come-first serve situation. Thus, the earlier you get your answers in the more options you will have to choose from. The GOG should be posted Friday morning, probably around 11 AM or so.
The Preseason GOG has information about question types and some handy links to use for reference.
GOG #03 has been scored. Congrats to GoLightning for the win!
GOG 2012-13 #04
Deadline for submissions is tip-off at 7:00 PM.
- Who wins the game? [ +/- 1 point] Notre Dame
- How many points does UK score? [ 4/3/2/1 points] 50
- How many points does Notre Dame score? [ 4/3/2/1 points] 64
- Which UK player has the most combined blocks + steals + assists + rebounds + made FG + made FT? [4 points;2 points for second highest] Noel, Goodwin 2nd
- Neither team utilizes their bench much. Who plays the most minutes in the game (both teams combined)? [5 points; 3 points for second; 1 point for third] All ND players: Grant, Atkins, Cooley
- Which team is the first to miss a shot (field goal or free throw)? [ +/- 1 point] Notre Dame
- Predict Alex Poythress' dunks/FG attempts/offensive rebounds. [3 points each;1 point within two] 0/1/0. ugh.
- How many UK bench players see 10+ minutes in the game? [3 points;1 point within one] 2
- Jack Cooley is a big time player - especially on the glass. Predict his defensive rebounds/offensive rebounds/2nd chance points. [3 points each;1 point within two] 5/6/6
- Predict the winners in the other three games on Thursday: Marquette/Florida, Seton Hall/LSU, and St. John's/South Carolina. [ +/- 1 point each] Florida, LSU, St. Johns
- What is the final outcome of the Invitational: SEC Win [3 points], Big East Win [2 points], Tie [4 points]. Big East win
||Rank by PTS
||Rank by AVG