Calipari has spoken, according to multiple sources on Twitter. Your new starting point guard, for now, is Archie Goodwin:
Cal on Goodwin: "He's our point guard. He's earned the position. That doesn't mean he's the only PG. We have 3 PGs."— Jerry Tipton (@JerryTipton) November 28, 2012
I have two observations:
- Goodwin may be learning the spot, but he's learning it fast, and;
- There is no harder player for an opposing point guard to defend than Goodwin. In fact, as far as I can tell, he's indefensible by any current college player.
- I think this is stupid. I just do. Your mileage may vary.
Alan Cutler reports that Harrow did not consider leaving UK:
Harrow did a good job of handling all questions.He never thought about leaving and often gets sick this time of the year— alan cutler (@cutler18) November 28, 2012
So all that Stacey Poole talk we kept hearing was just Wildcats fans being typically paranoid. That's not a criticism, just a fact. "He's probably just saying that" in 3-2-1 ...
- Kentucky football "Not a wasteland." Well, that's nice to know.
- Apparently, ESPN's TV deal with the Big East was scuttled by... the schools that left. Heh.
- Make of this what you will:
Was told Mitch Barnhart told the team last night that Music City Bowls were not acceptable anymore.— Bleed Blue Kentucky (@BBK_Aaron) November 28, 2012
- As for your new OC at Kentucky, consider:
Footballscoop.com, a usually reliable source of football coaching info, cites sources saying Fla. St. OC Coley will follow Stoops to UK.— Jen Smith (@jenheraldleader) November 28, 2012
- I know this isn't basketball, but last time this was discussed, legislation ensued. Would that happen again?
With UL now having better schedule to sell to fans, they might feel like they don't need UK as much.— Chip Cosby (@chipcosby) November 28, 2012
- Kentucky Hoops 92, Miami 53
- Forde needs to go wipe his face off. That's all I'm saying.
- Heh. From KSR, and from a Syracuse blog. Seems like Rick Pitino's having a change of heart. I'll bet it took no longer than 15 seconds ...
- I get the feeling that Casual Hoya is feeling a touch jilted. Would they have written the same thing if Georgetown had gotten the ACC invite instead of Louisville? We'll never know, I suppose. But he does bring up some interesting points -- not terribly convincing, but not completely looney, either.
- Heh II:
Asked about UofL joining ACC, Cal reminds media he said major realignment was coming. "Everybody laughed at me & now it's ... playing out."— CoachCal.com (@CoachCalDotCom) November 28, 2012
Looks like fans could get more "All-Access Kentucky," if Calipari decides to act upon his thought. Cowherd said he LOVED All-Access Kentucky— Chip Miller (@UKBIGBLUENATION) November 28, 2012
- Heh III:
@travisrodgers Petrino could also help all the Auburn coeds differentiate between road rash and rug burn.— surlysaltine (@surlysaltine) November 28, 2012
I just have to say it's nice that the coaching search is over, and we can sit back and thumb our nose at everyone else, if only for a little while.