Alex Poythress had a strong game against LIU-Brooklyn. - Andy Lyons
The Kentucky Wildcats showed improved rebounding and defense taking care of the LIU Blackbirds tonight.
Thanks to the LIU Blackbirds for pushing Kentucky early with their fast-paced game. I can't really comment on how well or poorly they played, but I can express my appreciation for them coming to Rupp Arena and doing their best.
Since I didn't actually get to see the game, we'll have to do a postmortem by committee tonight. Those of you who saw the game can write about the good and the bad in the comments.
A quick stats summary:
- Archie Goodwin and Alex Poythress led the way in both scoring and rebounding with 22 points and 9 rebounds each. Goodwin also had 9 assists, a near triple-double.
- Nerlens Noel had 18 points 8 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had 12 points, 8 rebounds, 4 blocks
- Kyle Wiltjer at 7 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds.
- Julius Mays had 15 points and 6 assists.
- Jon Hood had 3 points and an offensive rebound.
- Jarrod Polson had 5 points, 1 steal and two rebounds.
You can check out the full stats over at the Worldwide Leader.
Now, I have to find something to eat. That shouldn't be too hard here in Las Vegas.