Kentucky starts the year 1-1 for the first time in a while but finally gets to open Rupp with some tasty cupcakes in the form of Morehead St, Lafayette, and Long Island. The early schedule for all these teams is quite interesting. Consider:
- Morehead St beat Long Island 77-74 in the Barclays Center last Friday, lost to Maryland 67-45 on Monday, and will play Lafayette Nov 18 before heading to Kentucky.
- Lafayette beat Long Island 98-94 on Monday, will play Morehead St after facing Kentucky, followed by Maryland on Nov 20 and then will face Long Island again on Dec 1.
- Long Island has already lost to Morehead St and Lafayette to start 0-2 on the season and will play Maryland tomorrow before playing Kentucky next Friday.
- Maryland has already played Kentucky and Morehead St and will face Long Island and Lafayette in their next two games.
So to recap: Kentucky, Maryland, Lafayette, Long Island, and Morehead St all play each other in 4 of their first 5 or 6 games (or 4 for 4 in Maryland's case). That kind of round robin seems really odd.
Update: I've just learned from BCCatfan that these games are all part of a Barclays Center tournament and not some ultra cool schedule quirk. I should have known it was too good to be true.
GOG 2012-13 #03
Note: these questions include games that have already been played, but not against teams not mentioned above (so UK's game against Duke is not included). Answer accordingly.
- What is Lafayette's final record against the other 4 teams in the round robin discussed above (but not counting the 2nd game against LIU)? [2 points] 1-3
- What is Morehead St. final record in the round robin? [2 points] 2-2
- What is Long Island's final record in the round robin? [2 points] 0-4
- What is Maryland's final record in the round robin? [2 points] 3-1
- What is Kentucky's final record in the round robin? [2 points] 4-0
Back to Kentucky:
- Put Lafayette, Morehead St, and Long Island in order from highest to lowest with respect to points scored by the Cats against each team. [1 point each] LIU, Lafayette, Morehead St
- Put Lafayette, Morehead St, and Long Island in order from highest to lowest with respect to points they score against the Cats. [1 point each] LIU, Morehead St, Lafayette
- Predict Alex Poythress' Points against Lafayette/Morehead St/Long Island. [3 points each; 1 point within two] 22/20/22
- Who leads the team in assists for the three games combined? [4 points; 2 points if second] Mays, Goodwin was 2nd
- Predict Willie Cauley-Stein's Blocks against Lafayette/Morehead St/Long Island. [3 points each; 1 point within two] 0/1/4
- How many Points in the Paint does UK score in the three games combined? [4/3/2/1 points] 152
- Some time for the bench? Predict Jon Hood's Minutes played against Lafayette/Morehead St/Long Island. [3 points each; 1 point within two] 11/0/7
- Who has the highest game score against Long Island? [3 points; 1 point if second] Poythress, Noel was 2nd
- Which Cats put up the 3 best Offensive Ratings in these games? Put your answer in order from 1st to 3rd. NOTE that the same player can be listed multiple times due to multiple games, but you do not have to specify a game, so your answer could be "Poythress, Noel, Poythress" for example. [2 points each] Mays, Mays, Noel (technically Beckham was 2nd, but I decided to skip him in the spirit of the question)
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|