The Maui Monkey says, Go 'Cats!
This is your open game thread for the Duke Blue Devils vs. Kentucky Wildcats in the State Farm Champions Classic.
Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
Kentucky vs. Duke
Tues., Nov. 13 - 9:30 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | DU
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via WatchESPN
Tonight, the Wildcats must:
- Attack the rim at every opportunity. Duke is significantly less athletic, and Kentucky must make them pay for it.
- Take care of the basketball. UK is just not good enough to give free possessions to the more experienced Blue Devils.
- Defend the paint. Duke can shoot the three, but what I worry about are easy layups.
- Rebound the basketball. If Duke does to us what Maryland did on the offensive glass, this game will be very one-sided.
- Play beyond their years. It isn't ideal, but these young guys must play like sophomores, not freshmen.
This is going to be a much tougher game than Maryland. The Wildcats simply have to play basketball at a level roughly equivalent to the first half of the Maryland game, except they have to do it for 40 minutes. Can they do it?
We'll see. Go, 'Cats!