Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
Kentucky vs. Duke
Tues., Nov. 13 - 9:30 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | DU
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via WatchESPN
Tonight, the Wildcats must:
- Attack the rim at every opportunity. Duke is significantly less athletic, and Kentucky must make them pay for it.
- Take care of the basketball. UK is just not good enough to give free possessions to the more experienced Blue Devils.
- Defend the paint. Duke can shoot the three, but what I worry about are easy layups.
- Rebound the basketball. If Duke does to us what Maryland did on the offensive glass, this game will be very one-sided.
- Play beyond their years. It isn't ideal, but these young guys must play like sophomores, not freshmen.
This is going to be a much tougher game than Maryland. The Wildcats simply have to play basketball at a level roughly equivalent to the first half of the Maryland game, except they have to do it for 40 minutes. Can they do it?
We'll see. Go, 'Cats!