The college football BlogPoll changes quite a bit this week, with lots of movement near the top. But not at the very top.
The BlogPoll results this week, as expected, change a lot, and quite a bit of the change comes in the top ten. However, the tippy-top team didn't change, although there was notably less anonymity than in previous polls.
Let's take a look, and I'll add my comments below:
- South Carolina blowing Georgia away really impressed the voters. And it should. I had them at #2.
- West Virginia is a scoring machine, but what's going to happen when they run into a real defense? We'll find out in a couple of games when they take on Kansas St.
- How good is Oregon St.? I don't know. They have a bunch of BCS victories and two very respectable road wins, but they don't have a single victory over a team still in the top 25.
- How weak is Louisville's schedule? Ungodly weak. They have only 2 teams with winning records left on their schedule. Compare that to Kentucky, who has yet to play a team with a losing record (they get one next week at Arkansas). For comparison, Louisville's SOS, by my calculation is 37.60. Kentucky's is 62.91!
- The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs are tough, but we're gonna find out how tough when they host Texas A&M this weekend.
- Another team I can't get a read on is Oklahoma, but they play top 25 opponents 2 out of the next 3 weeks. That ought to tell us.