Just as I had it on my ballot, the final post-week 8 BlogPoll found that the voters preferred Florida over Oregon, primarily due to the lopsided victory the Gators enjoyed over the South Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday.
Here is the rest of the results. My comments, as usual, follow:
- Georgia actually got punished by the voters for letting UK be competitive with them. Just goes to show you how bad Kentucky's reputation is, particularly this year.
- Louisville got docked one for a close call over the South Florida Bulls. Well deserved.
- Can you believe Ohio, a Mac team, up at #20? Wow. I think they might finish the season undefeated, if they don't get tripped up in the last three. By the way, remember the Kent St. team that we pummeled (our one lone victory)? They are 6-1.
- Texas Tech is making people sit up and notice, and if they even play Kansas St. close next week, people will really notice.
- Ohio St. with a #1 vote? And from One Bronco Nation Under God, the Boise St. blog? What's this world coming to?
- When you're ranked in the to 5 and you beat a .500 team by 3 points, you'd think that would get you moved down a touch. Not Notre Dame.
- Is anybody but me just ... meh... on the Pac 12.