Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
The post-week 7 BlogPoll is out. Alabama is still tops, but Florida is making a serious push.
Here's what she looks like. You can find SB Nation's poll analysis here. My comments follow the results:
- The first thing I notice is Mississippi St. The voters had them two spots higher than I did, jumping them up 5 from last week. I guess the big question there is how far down do you drop West Virginia, and would you rate Louisville and Clemson over undefeated MSU. It's true that MSU hasn't played a single ranked team, but Clemson lost to their only ranked opponent, and Louisville has the weakest schedule in the entire top 25. I think the voters did a better job on that one.
- Louisville at 15, I had them 17th. There is no doubt in my mind that Clemson is a better football team with a much tougher schedule. Their only loss was on the road to Florida State. Louisville has played only one team with a winning record all year. Clemson has played 3 and West Virginia 5.
- West Virginia. I know they are a paper tiger, but they are a paper tiger that can score. I think 13 spots is too far for them to fall, even with the beat-down they got. It was on the road against a good team.
- Everything below that is just differences of opinion on who's playing better football. I can see Ohio being a pick, they are undefeated. They have beaten exactly 1 team with a winning record (Penn St.) and the rest of their victims have 2 wins or less. Contrast that to Boise St., who has beaten 3 teams with a winning record, among them a good BYU and solid Fresno St. team.
- Michigan vs. Arizona State? Coin toss. I'm good either way. My system has Michigan one step lower.