Chris Graythen - Getty Images
Just a few things we could dislike about Arkansas if we weren't such nice people.
Obviously, the title is a bit misleading, and the concept shamelessly ripped off from our brethren over at Arkansas Expats. But shamelessly ripping off other people's concept is what the Internet is all about, and I'd be remiss if I didn't participate in this time-honored tradition.
Here at A Sea of Blue, we don't really hate on anybody, even the loathsome Louisville Cardinals and their Benedict Arnold of a coach, Traitor Rick Pitino. Well, maybe just... a tiny, eensy-weensy bit of hate (with a small h) and only during rivalry week. Speaking for me, of course. I know that others might not quite agree with that description.
But I digress. This is about what we could hate about the Arkansas Razorbacks if we were so inclined. So let's get started.
- . He's not even there, but we could hate Arkansas for even employing that guy. Yeah, I know some of you want to employ him here, but if I don't speak for you, make a Fanpost or something.
- Woo-pig-sooie. Look, I'm all for unique things, like the "gator chomp" (as annoying as that is) and the "Loser" variant the Louisville folks like to put up with their thumb and fingers, but woo-pig-sooie, when you hear it, just ... well, let's just say that I could hate it.
Bobby Petrino- Wait, I already did that. Lost my train of thought for a second.
- Red. Arkansas has red and white as their colors, like another team that I detest a lot more. Red is something I could hate.
- A nicer football stadium. Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium is really a very nice stadium that I think puts Commonwealth Stadium to shame. I could hate that.
- A recognized national championship in football. We don't have that. I could hate that.
- Johnny Cash's birthplace. I could hate that Johnny was from Arkansas.
- Bear Bryant was from Arkansas. I could hate that, too.
- Beating us in the SEC Tournament when we were #14 and them unranked in 2000. That arguably sent us down a seed line from 4th to 5th, and got us knocked off by Syracuse in the second round. I did, and still do, hate that.
That's enough things I could hate, if I was a hater. Feel free to add things you could hate about the game tomorrow, the state, or the Razorbacks.