I thought I would get this up as I just got back from the bowls of corruption (known in polite company as the "casino") and just felt like blogging a bit before I finally hit the rack. The SEC expansion, of course, is on this list, as is the UK Pros versus the Dominican Republic team. As well as some other stuff.
Here we go:
- Would you want Louisville in the SEC?
Not really surprising. The offense is always a littler slower than the defense starting out, it seems to me.
Does Vargas have a little Captain Harrellson in him?
This should be interesting.
Wildcats Have First Scrimmage.
More on the first UK scrimmage of the year. It seems to me that the offense is off to a slow start, but that is often the case. I am encouraged by the news about Newton.
Calipari revises and extends his remarks about Doron Lamb.
"Here’s what I meant: Doron’s not the biggest guy we have," UK’s coach said last week. "He’s not the fastest guy we have, not the quickest guy we have. He’s not the greatest with the ball. What he is, as you saw in the Connecticut game (a UK loss in the national semifinals), he has a feel for the game, and he lets it come to him."
Right. I guess.
- Calipari and the new NBA nexus - CBSSports.com
- Kyle King recaps some of the conversations about SEC expansion at the SB Nation conference.
- Chris Walker Says Ohio State is Favorite -- ZagsBlog.com
- Al Horford on the UK pros game: "It's gonig to be a circus."
- Team Speed Kills tells us that there is nothing to see here. Move along.
- Scout.com: No need for Calipari to clarify Lamb comment.
Should the SEC invite the Aggies? Team Speed Kills gives their take.