Everyone in the Big Blue Nation, as well as Kansas Jayhawks fans, are holding their collective breath to hear where Trevor Lacey will finally go tomorrow. Well, not me so much - Lacey would be a nice addition, but he is likely to play more at Kansas than Kentucky, which is what makes me think he might be leaning toward Lawrence. Having said that, Calipari is the best recruiter I have ever heard of, and it would not surprise me in the least if Lacey went to Kentucky.
Now, for todays links:
Rush The Court :: UConn Visits the White House: Obama Reflects on "Adolph Ruff"
The president mispronounces Adolph Rupp's name as "Ruff." Ironic.
Graham said UK was his No. 1 school as recently as last month, but new N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried made the Raleigh, N.C., native a top priority from his first day on the job.
Ouch. Gottfreid has always been a great recruiter, and it seems that hasn't changed.
Krzyzewski got $4,699,570 in salary, bonuses and benefits in 2009, according to the return. Using the IRS’ income categories, that included $1,978,031 in base compensation, $2,222,543 in bonuses and incentives and $420,128 in deferred compensation.
Alert the media! Calipari is not the highest paid college basketball coach in America!
This will be greeted with a collective yawn.
Self said he didn't anticipate losing both the Morris twins and Josh Selby to the NBA draft and feels good about where KU sits with the 2012 class. Because of the early departures, Self now finds himself truly at the mercy of the late signing period, which has become college basketball's own free-agency period. Players can wait out all of the coaching changes and draft decisions and see where the best landing spot is for them before making a decision.
Kentucky never complains about this.
- With no can't miss kid to be had, tonight's NBA Draft Lottery lacks luster
- DeAndre Daniels Highest Ranked Remaining Target For The Jayhawks - SB Nation Kansas City
Momo Jones Transferring :: ZagsBlog.com
Ouch. Sean Miller can't be happy about that.
- NBA Draft lottery links : The Kentucky Kernel
- Coach K made $4.7 million during Duke’s title season :: Beyond the Arc
- Kentucky Sports Radio :: The NBA Draft Lottery’s Tuesday News and Views
"Discombobulated" Lacey waffling on Wednesday :: John Clay’s Sidelines
John Clay's Big Blue Links
- Rush The Court :: On Coaching Salaries And The Economy…
Rape allegations surfacing against Wake Forest hoops team :: Beyond the Arc
What's up with Wake?
- Rotoworld: Team needs on NBA draft day - NBA- NBC Sports
- Orlando Magic: Decision to keep J.J. Redick benefits Keith Bogans, Bulls - OrlandoSentinel.com
- Everything Kentucky: Patrick Patterson and Josh Jorts Harrellson Photo Op
- Calipari and Patrick Patterson Interviewed at Derby Party
But for the fact that Pitino’s squads and staff have been a relative revolving door during his stint at U of L. Which is not to mention how, when applying a cost/ benefit analysis to Pitino’s U of L regime, he has seriously underperformed.
So sayeth "Seedy K."