Kentucky's players did very well in the Nike Hoops Summit last night, and Kentucky fans ought to be very happy with the incoming recruiting class. The USA Select Team coach says via Larry Vaught's blog that Michael Gilchrist is a tremendous player, and I totally agree with him. On Friday, Tom Leach and I both agreed on his show that Gilchrist was the guy we couldn't wait to see from this recruiting class.
Now, for today's links:
- Calipari helping Larry Brown pursue UNLV job :: Rick Bozich
UNLV tabs BYU aide Rice to replace Kruger as coach - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com
Guess that whole Larry Brown thing didn't pan out.
Kanter said he'll finish out the semester at UK then head to Chicago to work with Tim Grover, the trainer whose most famous client is Hall of Famer Michael Jordan.
Good for Enes. Via Aaron's blog.
- Calipari takes time to see former players play :: Vaught's Views
- N.C.A.A.’s Double Standard - NYTimes.com
- Larry Brown Throws His Name Into UNLV Basketball Coaching Search - SBNation.com
Kansas quickly offsets its roster exodus :: Beyond the Arc
So much for those who claimed Anderson committed to UK.
I'm with Wall, Calipari stays at Kentucky :: Vaught's Views
I've been told that Wall is naive about this. Is Larry Vaught as well? I'm buying what Vaught's selling, but your mileage may vary.
- One More Look at the Nike Hoop Summit
- Kentucky Sports Radio :: Some Hoop Summit Notes
- DeMarcus Cousins to Make Fan Appearance on Saturday
- Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - EYBL- Saturday observations
My guess signing with Kentucky didn't help Teague's chances of winning the award, but seriously, tied for 3rd??
We saw this happen in Alabama with DeMarcus Cousins as well. Don't tell me politics doesn't play a role. To be fair, though, Scotty Hopson may have been a victim of the same thing a few years back when Darius Miller won it.
- BBL: Davis, Gilchrist shine at Nike Hoops Summit :: John Clay’s Sidelines
John Pelphrey Considered for Miami Job
Interesting. Good luck to coach Pel.
WBN Kentucky Wildcat's Basketball Roundtable: So, now what's next?
The second "Ken Howlett" on that last answer is actually yours truly.
Money Players: Basketball underclassmen considering NBA Draft
Marc Isenberg provides an outstanding guideline for players to use when judging whether or not to go pro. All players considering early entry could do far worse than to read this and take it to heart.
Calhoun: ‘I haven’t ‘made my mind up’ on retirement :: Beyond the Arc
Please don't retire. We want to send you off with a losing record.
- The Downside of Hiring John Calipari: April-June :: CollegeBasketballTalk.com