As the SEC prepares for post-season play over the next few days, we'll have lots of news about who's in, who's out, and what the final landscape is likely to look like. The Kentucky Wildcats have a favorable draw, but there is still a considerable amount of basketball to be played.
Based on the AP poll of this week, I believe Kentucky has found itself into the 4 line in the NCAAs, but it would take just a stumble in the SEC tournament to bump them back to a 5. I have seen theories of a 3 seed, but I don't really think UK can get there from here unless they get a lot of help. I also don't buy the Louisville Cardinals as a 3 seed, unless they get to the finals of the Big East tournament, but for a fact, they do have an opportunity to improve their case even with a couple of wins.
Now for the links:
- UK picks right time to end road woes :: CBSSports.com
NCAA tournament bracket projections - College Basketball News : FOX Sports on MSN
I'm sorry, but Louisville a 3 seed and UK a 5? Don't see it. Don't buy it.
- Cal: Knight’s willingness to be coached ‘gone through roof’ :: Jerry Tipton on UK basketball
- Whoever said honesty is the best policy never dealt with the NCAA. :: Get The Picture
From Wednesday morning through Sunday night, nine men and one woman along with assorted helpers and facilitators will be sequestered on the 15th floor of The Westin hotel in Indianapolis.
Sometimes, this process makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
EDITORIAL: Tide basketball experiences turnaround :: TuscaloosaNews.com
Yeah, but did they sell out any games in Tuscaloosa this year?
The most entertaining story of Monday was Bruce Pearl’s vocal damnation of DeAndre Liggins’ trash-talking. For all the fun it provided, I do think Pearl hit the nail on the head in assessing another portion of DeAndre’s game when he said that his teammates have a lot of confidence in him and that’s what is most important. Liggins has developed a nasty streak and seems to be the missing "tough guy" piece that seems essential to every good team.
- Tony Barbee might not win coach of the year, but Tigers' performance down stretch has drawn praise :: al.com
- Uh-oh: Jim Tressel could be in major NCAA hot water :: CollegeFootballTalk
- The UK Nation: Gilchrist And St Patrick To Play For National Title
- The UK Nation: Patterson's Rockets Gets The Best Of Cousins' Kings
- The Buzz on Kentucky Basketball: Give Billy Gillispie a Job Edition
- Kentucky Moves Up Five Spots to #15 in Latest AP Poll: Mar 7th, 2011 :: Kentucky Basketball - Wildcat Review
- Samford hires an AD legacy in Martin Newton :: al.com
"I think he's absolutely a point guard," Stallings said. "He just shoots better than a lot of point guards do. He runs the team. He can defend his position. He passes the ball well. He handles it well. I think he's great."
I think he's great, too, and maybe just a touch under-appreciated.
- The UK Nation: Knight And Jones Named To All-Freshman Team
Right on time, Yahoo posts long profile of Gillispie :: John Clay’s Sidelines
Glad to see Gillispie has given up the firewater. It's obvious he couldn't handle it.
Bruce Pearl cheated, then lied after getting caught. At most places that makes you a pariah. At Tennessee it makes you coach for life, assuming you keep winning.
I objected to Tennessee's shamelessness. Tennessee fans objected to my objection. If this were a court of law, the judge would rule in my favor.
Is this really an argument UT fans want to have. Seriously, just hunker down and hope for the best, but don't defend the indefensible.
Brandon Davies receives meaningful advice :: College Basketball Nation Blog
Good advice, no doubt.
- Last chance for teams to move off NCAA tourney bubble :: Beyond the Arc
- Coach Cal's Mailbag for March 7th