Apparently, BYU third-leading scorer Brandon Davies was apparently kicked off the basketball team for knowing his girlfriend in the Biblical sense. BYU's honor code is clear on this point, and despite the ... umm ...unusual nature of such a requirement, they make it pretty clear up front that that is moral turpitude in the view of the school.
I think I can speak for many of those in my generation when I say that I would not have survived one day at BYU in any capacity, so I have nothing but respect for those who commit to doing so. I also respect the school's right, and commitment, to live by their code.
Moving on to today's links:
- Rupp Back to Being Unwinnable for Opponents :: Tailgate Review
"This is the first time I felt like we actually played until the end, as far as when it got down to crunch time and got real close," guard Brandon Knight said. "Other times we played pretty good, but we had a lot of breakdowns that led to us losing. This is the first time I can actually say that we really just played and didn't have any breakdowns that really, really cost us."
If "just playing" is all it takes, then "just do it."
- Are The Cats Finally Learning From Their Mistakes? :: LEX18.com
Stan Simpson Says UK Staff Will Watch Tomorrow
I don't know about this guy, he doesn't make me stand up and cheer.
He more than helped himself. By Monday morning, many observers were claiming Cobb to be one of the biggest winners of the draft, firmly putting him in the discussion to be one of the first five wide receivers taken in the top two rounds.
I hadn't been paying much attention to the NFL Combine -- basketball season and all -- but it would be a huge feather in UK's cap if Cobb can be drafted this high. Go, Randall!
The Buzz on Kentucky Basketball: Enes Kanter Workout Edition
Lots of good UK related stuff here.
- The path to the 2 seed : The Kentucky Kernel
- Kentucky Sports Radio :: The Comstock Act’s Thursday News and Views
- Kentucky Sports Radio :: Enes works out for the Jazz
FULMER CUPDATE: FOUR KINDS OF TASED :: Every Day Should Be Saturday
Kentucky hits the Fulmer Cup scoreboard. Not exactly a badge of honor.
Could this be Billy Donovan's year to win SEC coach of the year? :: Gatorsports.com
There is no way I would pick Donovan over Grant. I hope everyone else feels the same way (except maybe Gator fans, of course).
- Rush The Court :: Around The Blogosphere: March 3, 2011
- Anthony Davis’ high school career over :: Jody Demling - Recruiting
- Kentucky Wildcats 5 for Thursday: Time to root for Florida and Alabama
- Kyle Wiltjer returns to his high school lineup after injury.
The UK Nation: Brandon Knight: SEC Player Of The Year?
He should certainly be considered for the honor.
- Phillips alters spring practice format :: Vaught's Views