Kentucky finally got the close game monkey off their back last night, even if it was at home. The Vanderbilt Commodores are a very good team, and the Kentucky Wildcats have now defeated two quality programs in a row in Rupp Arena. All that is left is to go down to Rocky Top and take down the Tennessee Volunteers.
It doesn't seem likely, but then, maybe the worm has turned. Now, the links:
"A lot of people expected me to leave," Harrellson said. "People sent me stuff (saying) 'You need to leave.'"
Whoever did this, all of them, are execrable idiots who deserve the severest possible rebuke, and to be shunned by the Big Blue Nation.
[Mike DeCourcy] looked at results for the past five years and found that of the 20 teams to make the Final Four, not one had a losing road record. Even more alarming from a UK standpoint, of the 15 teams in the RPI top 40 with losing road records over the past five years, only one made it past the first weekend of the tournament.
That is a daunting statistic. Perhaps UK will be an iconoclast in this regard. Or, perhaps not.
Pearl still on sidelines? Vols keep dropping the ball :: NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com
I missed this earlier. Ouch.
- UK wins in Harrellson’s home finale :: The Kentucky Kernel
Does it get much better for Harrellson?
Does it get much better for Harrellson? No, probably not. But a Final Four would surely push the envelope.
- Miller finished well, but knows he must play better :: Vaught's Views
- Davis, Gilchrist are Finalists for 2011 Morgan Wootten Award
J.P. Tokoto Has Decided :: ZagsBlog.com
Will it be Kentucky? I don't think so. I'm betting on UNC.
Search warrant issued in UNC agent-related probe :: NBC Sports
This thing won't die.
- Kyle Wiltjer Has Grown According to Father
- It Was a Grand ‘Jorts Day’ :: Chris Diggs - UK Fan Blog
- Former Kentucky Wildcats in the NBA (and D- League): Sixers, Rockets hover at .500 mark entering playoff stretch
- Calipari — sort of — on ‘will win help UK’s confidence?’ :: Vaught's Views
Low tide in Florida as Gators win easily :: The Commercial Appeal
Now, we need an angry Tide to take out the Georgia Bulldogs.
Bracketology: Updated S-Curve For March 2, 2011 - Blogging the Bracket
Kentucky moving up. Still a five, but closer to a four. I think UK can actually get there if they win through to the SEC championship game.
- Twenty answers to (finally) a close Kentucky win :: John Clay’s Sidelines
- Rush The Court :: Checking in on… the SEC
Derby Festival distances itself from all-star game recruiter :: Jerry Tipton on UK basketball
I have worked with the Derby Festival folks before, and Dan Owens' comments do not reflect the kind of professionalism I encountered. A pity they have to disclaim his comments.