The big win over the Tennessee Volunteers last night did little to convince the naysayers, but it certainly helped take the word "crisis" out of the conversation, at least for the moment. Saturday at 1:00 PM, the 'Cats will have a chance to prove they can win tough road games at arguably the toughest gym in the land, Memorial Gymnasium in Nashville against the Vanderbilt Commodores.
- John Wall in the locker room after UK win (w/ video) :: The Kentucky Kernel
The Kentucky Wildcats Shell Pearl’s Vols :: isportsweb
Amazing game by Liggins and Harrellson. They really were leaders out there, at least by example.
Hoping to instill toughness, Calipari had the Wildcats wear boxing gloves in practice, where they worked the heavy bag with regularity.
Heh. It worked, I guess.
More after the jump.
- Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, other freshmen progress reports - Luke Winn :: SI.com
- Rush The Court :: Morning Five: 02.09.11 Edition
- Kentucky uses Tennessee as punching bags, wins 73-61 :: courier-journal.com
Liggins was a stat stuffer Tuesday night. His line of 19 points, a career-high five steals, five rebounds and three assists simply stood off the page.
"He was fabulous," Calipari said. "Fabulous."
Yes, he was.
NCAA Basketball Bracketology: Tournament Seeding Continues To Shuffle, Just Not At The Top - SBNation.com
Kentucky at a 5 seed? I sincerely hope not.
- How do you beat Arkansas? It’s simple, really. :: Mississippi State sports
- Todd, Barnhart to discuss University of Kentucky athletics director's contract :: Lexington Herald-Leader
State-Journal.com :: Cats play as good as they'll get
The negativism of some of these people kill me. Calipari says this team has more upside than any in the country, and the know-nothings say "Nah, this is as good as they'll get, and it isn't good enough."
Baseball Preview: Kennedy Ready to Anchor Bullpen :: KENTUCKY OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE
Baseball? Oh, yeah. Almost forgot.
- No place quite like home for Cal’s Cats :: Vaught's Views
- Kentucky Sports Radio :: Kyle Wiltjer added to the McDonald’s All-Star game