|Penn St. @ Kentucky
|Kentucky vs. Penn St.
Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tourney
Sat., Nov. 19 - 12:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | PSU
Important Coverage Information
Radio: UK IMG - Live on 98.1 FM WBUL in Lexington, live on 1080 AM WKJK in Louisville, tape delayed to follow football on all other stations
Live Video via ESPN3
For the Nittany Lions' take, be sure to visit SB Nation's excellent Penn St. blog, Black Shoe Diaries.
This game will not be broadcast live on any TV outlets I know of, but in Louisville, you can watch it tonight at 7:00 on replay on WYMO (ch 10 and 915 on Insight Cable). Anyone who knows about the Lexington channels, please post that in the thread.
Penn St. has a new coach this year, Patrick Chambers from Boston University. Ed DeChellis took the Nittany Lions to the second round of the NCAA tournament last year, and very nearly into the Sweet 16. But PSU lost most of their scoring and rebounding to graduation and is in serious rebuilding mode.
What I hope to see today:
- Much sharper offensive execution, and better defensive consistency.
- Fewer bad shots. For some reason, UK has jacked up really crazy stuff early in the games this year.
- A bit more of the dribble drive. UK is much quicker than PSU, and should be able to get to the rim at will.
- Better ballhandling from Teague. Six turnovers in the first half against Kansas was just unsatisfactory.
- Less posing, more basketball. I thought we were almost unsportsmanlike at times against Kansas, and I'd like to see some of the three-goggles and bowing up after dunks stop. Play like you've done this before.
I don't expect Penn St. to be able to compete past the first half, but you never know. Chambers is a capable coach, PSU has good point guard play and can shoot the 3-point shot. If UK plays like it did vs.Kansas, PSU could shock the world.
Administrative note: Please avoid any pejorative or negative comments or "humor" about the Penn St. situation, this is not the time or the place. Your cooperation is appreciated.