The Cats have a busy schedule over the next 7 days as they will play 4 games. Penn St is up first in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off, followed by the winner of Old Dominion/South Florida. Technically, I suppose UK could play the "loser" of ODU/SF, but I don't think that is very likely.
Here's a fun nugget: Wednesday's game against Radford is also part of the Hall of Fame Tip Off, but it is being played *after* the event is over. I don't pretend to understand these things.Tentative Upcoming GOG Schedule (to help you plan your GOGness):
GOG #2: Penn St, ODU/SF, Radford, Portland
GOG #3: St. Johns, UNC (these might get split into their own GOGs)
GOG #4: Indiana
GOG #5: Chattanooga, Samford, Loyola, Lamar
GOG #6: Louisville
- GOG introduction here.
- Congrats to a2d2 for winning GOG 1! Results here.
- Info about Penn St.
- Info about ODU and S. Florida
- Info about Radford
- Info about Portland
Entries are due by tip-off of the Penn St game, at 12:00 PM Saturday.
GOG 2011-12 #02: Penn St, ODU/SF, Radford, Portland [58 points]
- What is UK's record in the 4 games? [3 points] 4-0
- Who does UK face in their 2nd game: ODU or SF? [ +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] ODU
- What is the fewest number of points that UK allows in a half during this stretch of games? [4/3/2/1 points] 14
- What is the highest number of points that UK scores in a half during this stretch of games? [4/3/2/1 points] 49
- How many Points in the Paint does UK score against Penn St and ODU/SF combined? [4/3/2/1 points] 68
- How many points from made 3's are scored in the Radford and Portland games (all teams combined. HINT: your answer should be a multiple of 3!) [4/3/2/1 points] 75
- Anthony Davis is the SWAT Unit. How many blocks does Davis get in these 4 games combined? [4 points] 14
- Does Davis block at least 5 shots in each game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] No
- Does UK use the same starting lineup in all 4 games? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Yes
Marquis Teague against Penn St: predict his Assists/Steals/Turnovers. [2 points each, 6 points total] 2/1/3
- Eloy Vargas against Radford: predict his Minutes/Rebounds/FG Attempts. [2 points each, 6 points total] 12/4/2
- It looks like Penn St's best player is junior Tim Frazier. Predict his Points/Assists/Rebounds. [2 points each, 6 points total] 11/6/6
- How many double-doubles are recorded in these games (all teams combined)? [5 points] 2
- Radford was not very good last year, they might be better this year (they have a non-conference win over a D1 team which is one more than they had all of last year) but it's certainly too early to tell. They have been pretty good at guarding the 3 though. What is UK's shooting percentage on 3's against them? Answers within 3 percentage points will be counted correct [4 points] 33.3%
- The Portland game is a return game from last season which in turn was a home game for Terrence Jones since he was only expected to be around for 1 year. You can see the box score for last year's game here. Looking at Terrence's line, there are 22 different boxes (everything from Minutes Played through Personal Fouls). How many of these categories does TJ improve on this year? To be clear: how many boxes does Jones have a better number (meaning a higher number in most cases, but smaller when it comes to personal fouls and turnovers) than he did last year? [5 points] 13
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|