This morning, the Linkapalooza looks at the upcoming game with Kansas, the continuing travails of the Kentucky Wildcats football team, and the very early returns on the college basketball season.
So far, in basketball, the SEC is a mixed bag. Vandy lost yesterday at home to Cleveland St., and Mississippi State lost at home last week to the Akron Zips. Everyone else in the SEC so far has held serve. Of the big six conferences, only the SEC, Big 10 and Pac-12 have losses. The SEC and Pac-12 have major upsets so far: the SEC with Vandy and Mississippi St., and the Pac-12 with UCLA, who lost the other night to Loyola Marymount.
On a side note, I am very glad basketball is here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again right now . The college coaching fraternity is the sports worlds worst level of coaching to over analyze it's players abilities or in laymans terms they over coach . They can think themselves into trouble many more times instead of just giving an athlete an opportunity to play their way on or off the field or court .
Phillips said Newton will be available to finish Saturday’s game in an emergency situation but not for extended playing time because he’s still having trouble pushing off his sprained right ankle.
Blue 2: Number of games the University of Kentucky leads Vanderbilt in their overall series. With Saturday's loss, UK now leads the overall series 41-39-4. Is it surprising? Isn’t UK a much bigger sports school with far more resources?
Sure. But consider this. In U.S. Department of Education data released last week, UK spent $14.4 million on football last season. Vanderbilt? $16.5 million.
Are you surprised? I'm not.
- Updated Top 25 (and one) - Vanderbilt drops a long way.
Calipari doesn't know if Kentucky is ready to play Kansas.
Ready or not, it's time to find out. Kansas and UK have both played and easily defeated very weak teams. This one is a crap shoot.
One UK recruit still has to decide for the fall.
Amile Jefferson is one that UK got involved with late.
- Joe Dean talks UK, Kansas with Larry Vaught.
- Enes Kanter receives minor injury in charity game.
- Guest post: A guide to New York City for UK fans going to Tuesday’s game — or for anyone planning a future visit | vaughtsviews
- Following the Frosh: Our first glimpse - CBSSports.com
John Clay: Terrence Jones' mistake could have been worse
This is so four days ago. Moving on.
- Hoopsworld says that so far, it's Anthony Davis 1, Andre Drummond 0.
- North Carolina-UNC Asheville closer than I expected.
Mike Marra out for the season with torn ACL - Card Chronicle
Tough break for Louisville.
- SEC Football Topics for Discussion: Joe Adams is Awesome, Ole Miss is Dreadful, and Bowl Season is Close - Team Speed Kills