Kentucky begins the season against two teams that could not be more opposite. Friday night it's Marist, who finished 6-27 last season and is not expected to be much better this year. On Tuesday night the Wildcats play the second game of the inaugural Champions Classic against Kansas, who went 35-3 and earned a #1 seed in the tournament last year.
Question #15 example:
- If UK's largest lead comes at with 7:46 remaining in the 2nd half against Marist, the answer would be: Marist 2nd Half, 7 minutes.
- If it comes with 13:26 remaining in the first half against Kansas, the answer would be: Kansas 1st half, 13 minutes.
Entries are due by tip-off of the Marist game, at 7:00 PM Friday.
GOG 2011-12 #01: Marist and Kansas [60 points]
- What is Kentucky's record for the two games? [3 points] 2-0
- How many points does Marist score? [4/3/2/1 points] 58
- How many points in the paint does UK score against Kansas? [4/3/2/1 points] 36
- How many 2nd chance points do Kansas and Marist combine to score? [4/3/2/1 points] 22
- The first game of the Champions Classic features Duke vs Michigan St. Which game has the most combined points: Duke/MSU or UK/Kansas? [ +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] MSU/Duke
- Which game is closer (smallest MOV): Duke/MSU or UK/Kansas? [ +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] MSU/Duke
- Who starts for UK against Kansas? [+1 each correct answer, 5 points total] Jones, Lamb, Teague, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist
- Does UK ever trail against Marist? [ +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Yes
- Which player (Marist, Kansas, UK combined) has the highest single game scoring total? [4 points] Davis with 23 vs Marist
- Predict Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's Made FGs/Steals/Offensive Rebounds against Marist. [2 points each, 6 points total] 5/2/1
- Predict Terrence Jones' Offensive Rebounds/Defensive Rebounds/Blocks against Kansas. [2 points each, 6 points total] 2/5/3
- If you haven't read this piece about Thomas Robinson of Kansas, stop and do it now. Predict Robinson's Points/Rebounds/Blocks. [2 points each, 6 points total] 11/12/1
- Marist does not have a lot of talent returning to their team, their best returnee might be Dorvell Carter (98.4 ORtg). Predict his Made 3pt FGs/Made 2pt FGs/Made FTs. [2 points each, 6 points total] 2/2/2
- What percentage of UK's made 3's in both games combined are assisted by a teammate? Any answer within 5 percentage points of the correct answer will receive credit. [4 points] 90.9%
- At what half/minute mark does UK hold it's largest lead in the two games combined? (see above for examples) [5 points] Marist 2nd half, 0 minute mark (0:24)
- Special Bonus: The UK/Kansas game comes during ESPN's College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon. What is the combined score of the winning teams in the Marathon (19 total games)? The closest answer will receive 3 points and every answer within 5% will receive 1 point. 1422 points by the winners
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|