Here are a few observations about the verbal commitment of highly-ranked 2011 recruit Marquis Teague today:
- The Indy Star live feed was an epic, galactic fail.
- John Calipari was behind years versus Pitino on Teague. He made it up like Zenyata at Oaklawn, and it probably wasn't any closer at the finish.
- Will Rick Pitino start getting the Tubby Detractor moniker of "plowhorse?" Stay tuned ...
- Rick Pitino's karmic burden was just too heavy for him to drag Teague over the finish line.
- Lebron James did not call Teague. He used a Vulcan mind-meld to finish the job off for Calipari.
- I just saw a mushroom cloud appear somewhere over downtown Louisville.
- Louisville Cardinals flags around the neighborhood are flying at half mast.
- Matt Jones just floated by in a suit on what looked like a magic carpet.
- The Calipari hate-o-meter just pegged and bent the needle into a U-shape.