The Lady 'Cats won their way into the Elite Eight by defeating the #1 seeded Nebraska Cornhuskers on Sunday. This is a team that was picked 11th in the SEC pre-season now staring straight down the barrel of a Final Four. That is a comeback even more amazing that what we saw from the men's team this year.
The Lady 'Cats are 5-7 against the Big 12 so far this year, but they have not played the Sooners. The Sooners are 26-10 overall and 11-5 in conference. The Lady 'Cats are 28-7 on the year. Oklahoma was a Final Four team last year.
I am unqualified to offer analysis of this team, and since I don't really have access to the same sorts of statistical data that I have for men's basketball, I will direct you instead to the work of others:
- Wildcats Meet Oklahoma in NCAA Elite Eight - KENTUCKY OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE
- 2010 NCAA Tournament Bracket - March Madness Tournament Brackets - ESPN
- UK women's chemistry is a joking matter | KentuckySports.com
- The Sooner women look toward the Final Four - KRMG Sports with Rick Couri on krmg.com
- Tulsa World: Sooners brace for Kentucky
More after the jump
- Upset has Kentucky thinking big - The Boston Globe
- Kentucky women on the cusp of program's first Final Four | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal
- Sooners must deal with ‘Cats’ pressure; ‘Cats’ must deal with Sooners’ size " Sports " The Norman Transcript
- it’s about buying in " Sports " The Norman Transcript
- Kentucky reminds Sooners of Texas A&M | NewsOK.com
- Wildcats Meet Oklahoma in NCAA Elite Eight