Kentucky makes a triumphant return to the NCAA tournament as the 1 seed in a region that is either the toughest or second toughest depending on whom you ask. They will face East Tennessee St in the first round - a team that gave #1 seed Pittsburgh all kinds of trouble last year. With a win, UK will face either Texas or Wake Forest, though I think East Tennessee has a better chance of being in the second round than Wake Forest does.
This will be the final GOG of the year unless Kentucky makes the NCAA Championship game in which case I will do one more. Just in case that doesn't happen - thank you to everyone who participated this season. I had a lot of fun writing questions and I hope you had a lot of fun trying to answer them. There will be a wrap-up entry after the end of the season where the GOG winners will be crowned.
- GOG #00 has information about the game. Follow the link if you have any questions.
- GOG #31 has been graded. Click the link for full results.
GOG #32: NCAA Tournament [Max 64 Points]
- How many games does UK win in the tournament? [3 pts] 3 wins
- Which teams will make the Final Four? [3 pts each] Butler, Michigan St, Duke, West Virginia
- Does a team seeded 4 or lower make the Final Four? (this does not have to agree with your answer for #2 if you want to hedge a little) [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] Yes, two 5 seeds
- Does a double digit seeded team reach the Sweet 16? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] Yes
- A 1 seed hasn't lost in the second round since 2004 when Kentucky and Stanford both "accomplished" that feat. Does a 1-seed lose in the second round this year? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] Yes, Kansas
- Which two teams will play for the Title? [3 pts each] Butler, Duke
- Who will win the NCAA Tournament this year? [3 pts] Don't make me type this.
- How many points does UK score in their first game? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 100
- How many points does ETSU score in the first game? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 71
- Kentucky will play the winner of Texas/Wake Forest in the second round. Which team will it be? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] Wake Forest
- East Tennessee St was within one possession of Pitt last year with 3 minutes to play. Does UK hold a 10+ point lead with 5 minutes to play on Thursday? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] No
- Eric Bledsoe played well in the SECT: Predict his made 3's/assists/steals against ETSU. [2 pts each] 8/1/4
- Will UK face a double digit seeded team in the tournament? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] My intent was supposed to be 3rd round or later, but that wasn't clear and of course UK faced a 16 in their first game. Since different people understood this in different ways I just game everyone 1 point for this question.
- There are three other SEC teams in the field. Predict the wins for Florida/Tennessee/Vanderbilt. [2 pts each] 0/3/0
- Based on previous tournament results, the 4 SEC Teams together can be expected to win 6.8 games based on their respective seeds. Do they outperform expectations (win 7 games or more combined) or under perform (win 6 or fewer)? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] The SEC came up just short of expectations with 6 tournament wins
- Whichever team UK faces in the second round, inside play will be critical to winning. Predict Orton's points/rebounds/blocks in the second game. [2 pts each] 6/0/1
- Who leads UK in scoring in their second round game? [3 pts] Miller
- Who wins the Louisville/Cal game? [+1 point if correct, -1 point if incorrect] Cal
- How many games do the UK Women win in the NCAAW Tournament? [3 pts] 3 wins
Deadline for entries is tip-off at 7:15 PM, Thursday March 18.
Final GOG results will be posted soon. Congrats to EagleTDL for winning GOG #32! This was really low scoring but not much of a surprise given the tournament this year. Full results follow.
|RK||UserName||# of GOGs||GOG #31||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|