UK welcomes the Hoosiers to Rupp Arena Saturday. Incredibly, this marks just the 3rd true home game for the Cats so far this season as the the non-conference schedule was front loaded with neutral and road games. Indiana comes in with a nice record, due entirely to home games against low major teams. The only time the Hoosiers have been on the road this season they lost to a Boston College team that itself lost at home to Yale.
This is the 54th game against the Hoosiers. UK is 30-23 against the northern neighbors.
The Preseason GOG is here. Follow the link if you have questions about what this whole GOG thing is about.
- Statsheet.com has information about Indiana.
- Congratulations to btcoop71 for winning GOG #06! Follow the link for full results.
Explanation for #8: Basically I'm asking you to balance two things: you need to pick a player you think will hit a 3, but who also will be the one with the lowest 3PT FG% for the season (entering the game) among all UK players who hit a three. So, for example: If Jones and Miller are the only two players to hit a 3, then Jones is the correct answer because his 3P% is lower than Miller's is. If Miller, Jones, and Hood each hit a 3, then Hood is the answer because he has the lowest 3P% of that group. I hope that makes sense. Note that Vargas is the only player who doesn't qualify for this question as he has yet to attempt a 3 this season.
Deadline for entries is tip-off 5:15 PM Saturday, December 11.
GOG 2010-11 #07: Indiana [Max 30 Points]
- Who wins the game? [ +/- 1 point] UK
- How many points does UK score? [ 4/3/2/1 points] 81
- How many points does Indiana score? [ 4/3/2/1 points] 62
- As was pointed out in the Notre Dame Postmortem, Josh Harrellson has yet to attempt a free throw this season. Does Jorts get to the line against the Hoosiers? [ +/- 1 point] Yes: our long national nightmare is over.
- Staying with Harrellson: predict his first half minutes/second half minutes/offensive rebounds. [2 points each] 15/14/6
- The defense showed up in a big away in the second half last game. In which half does UK have the better FG% defense? [ +/- 1 point] 2nd half
- How many players (both teams combined) score in double figures? [3 points] 7
- Predict the UK player with the lowest season 3pt FG% (minimum 1 attempt) to hit a three in the game (see above explanation). [3 points] Knight
Maurice Creek absolutely lit up the Cats last year. Predict his 1st half points/2nd half points/total made 3 PA. [2 points each] 2/3/1
- Does Terrence Jones record yet another double-double? [ +/- 1 point] no
- Special Bonus: There are 8 games on Saturday that feature SEC teams in action. Predict the total number of points scored by these 8 teams. Everyone within 50 of the correct answer will get a bonus point and the closest person will get 2 points. 557 points Wild Weasel was closest, missing by just an astonishing 2 points!
|RK||UserName||PTS||GOGS Played||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|