I have not submitted a football Blogpoll ballot all year long due to circumstances beyond my control, but I am prepared to do so this week (finally).
This week, the Alabama Crimson Tide proved their SEC superiority by handling the Florida Gators 31-6. That Florida offense that so befuddled Kentucky last week gave Alabama no problem at all, and 'Bama used a typically balanced attack to slice the Gators into fashion accessories.
The Oregon Ducks demonstrated their quack attack out west by handling a good Stanford Cardinal team. I gave the Ohio St. Buckeyes the nod in the third position, even though a 24-13 defeat of the Illinois Fighting Illini was not altogether convincing. Then again, when your superstar dual-threat quarterback has a gimpy wheel, it's hard to expect a top performance.
More after the jump.
Here is the rest of my top 25:
A couple of other notes:
- You can't make me put Boise State higher. Not with a 3-point win over the Virginia Tech Hokies. Don't even ask.
- I wonder if Nebraska is really any good? I guess we'll find out next week.
- Despite how good Auburn looks lately, why do I still doubt they deserve to be this high?
- Yeah, I know LSU almost lost at home to Tennessee but for a freak play. I could be persuaded that they don't deserve to be this high.
- I never bought Florida as high as they were, and I'm punishing them for looking so incredibly futile against the Tide.
You're recommendations for tweaks are welcome and appreciated (except when it comes to Boise State).