The Cats go on the road to South Carolina with a minty-fresh, brand new, never-been-opened #1 ranking attached to their name. South Carolina swept the season series last year, and the game at SC was particularly revolting to watch. I expect that will change Tuesday night.
This is the 51st matchup between South Carolina and UK. As mentioned above, SC has won the last two games, but overall UK is 41-9 against the Gamecocks.
- GOG #00 has information about the game. Follow the link if you have any questions.
- Statsheet.com has information about South Carolina.
- Congratulations to UKlvrJM for winning GOG #18! Follow the link for full results.
GOG 2009 #19: South Carolina [Max 33 Points]
- Who wins the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] South Carolina
- How many points does UK score? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 62
- How many points does South Carolina score? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 68
- Devan Downey has scored 20+ points in 3 of his 4 career games against UK and has been spectacular in conference play this year. Predict his points/assists/steals. [2 pts each] 30/3/2
- Downey vs Wall I: Downey and Wall are perhaps the two fastest players in the SEC (nation?) and both can get to the rim. Which one makes more layups (as classified by play-by-play)? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Downey 2 to 1
- The last couple of times UK has been on the road they have rolled up a big lead only to let it disappear. Do the Cats establish a lead of 15 or more points only to let that lead get trimmed to 6 points or less? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] No
- What is the longest streak of consecutive field goals made by UK during the game? [3 pts] 5 in a row, fairly early in the 2nd half
- Downey vs Wall II: Both players are adept at on-the-court thievery. Which one steals the ball from the other the most number of times? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Downey, 1 to 0
- UK gave their most complete defensive effort of the season against Arkansas, forcing the Hogs into shooting a terrible percentage for the game. Does UK hold SC to under 40% FG% for the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] yes
- Starting hot and finishing strong: In which half does UK shoot the highest FG%? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] 2nd half, though both were pretty dreadful
- What type is the last made basket in the game: 3 pointer, 2 pointer, or free throw? [3 pts] Free Throw
- Downey vs Wall III: Both players shoot similarly well from the long distance. Downey shoots 34.3% on 3's, Wall shoots 34.9%. Which one has the highest accuracy on 3pt shots (minimum 1 attempt)? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Wall. Both made 2 threes, but Wall only needed 3 attempts to get his while Downey had 5.
- DeMarcus Cousins: more beastly than Beast? Predict his offensive rebounds/defensive rebounds/dunks [2 pts each] 3/9/1
Deadline for entries is tip-off at 9:00 PM Tuesday, January 26.
Congratulations to BigSkyCat and JJohn0110 who tied for the lead for GOG #19 with 11 points each! EagleTDL and UKWildCatFanatic were 2nd with 7 apiece in an overall low scoring GOG (much like the game). Ken Howlett has tied a2d2 for the overall points lead with Wild Weasel not far behind. The race to win the GOG championship could be even closer than the race to win the SEC!
|RK||UserName||# of GOGs||GOG #19||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|