Kentucky hits the road for the second time this season (at least in terms of true road games) and the first in conference to take on the Florida Gators. A lot of pundits have pointed to this game as the one where the Cats will take their first loss of the season, and after the Georgia game Saturday I expect there are a number of fans who are a bit more concerned about this game then they were beforehand. I expect UK to lose at some point, but I really, really, REALLY hope it doesn't happen against the Gators - I hate those guys*!
*Okay, I don't *really* hate those guys, I don't even know them. For all I know they are a fun-loving punch that rescue puppies in their free time. But we're talking about "hate" within the context of sports rivalries where it takes on a different meaning than in ordinary language.
This is the 119th matchup between the Gators and the Wildcats. UK leads the series 86 - 32, but hasn't won in Gainseville since February 3, 2004 which came during the 8 game winning streak the Cats had from 2002 - 2005.
- GOG #00 has information about the game. Follow the link if you have any questions.
- Statsheet.com has information about Georgia.
- Congratulations to Ken Howlett for winning GOG #15! Follow the link for full results. Also, I recently did some reformatting of the spreadsheet I am using to keep track of scores. I'm always worried that something gets messed up when I do such a thing, so please check your overall score and if you think something is wrong let me know.
GOG 2009 #16: Florida [Max 42 Points]
- Who wins the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] UK
- How many points does UK score? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 89
- How many points does Florida score? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 77
- Who is the game high scorer (both teams combined)? [3 pts] Eric Bledsoe: Road Warrior with a career high 25 points
- John Wall had a so-so game against Georgia (for him anyway), how will he react in the tough O-Dome environs? Predict his assists/steals/turnovers. [2 pts each] 6/0/2 I had to check that steal number twice
- Both teams' starters play a lot of minutes. Which group plays the most combined minutes in the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] UK starters played 158 minutes to UF's 150
- How many 4 Factors categories (eFG%, TO%, Offensive Rebound%, Free Throw Rate) does UK win? [3 pts] UK won 2 categories: eFG% and OR%
- The Gang that Can't Shoot Straight: Despite being in the top 100 of the country in 3pt attempts with 314, Florida is in the bottom 75 in accuracy at 30.9% from behind the arc. Of course, now they get to play a UK team that seems to bestow magical shooting ability on its opponents. How many 3pt shots does Florida miss? Does Florida shoot better or worse than 30.9% from the arc? [first question: 3 pts, second: +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Florida took a lot of bad shots, missing 19 3pt attempts and shooting below 30.9% (29.6%)
- Did you know that Patrick Patterson leads the team with 175 field goal attempts? I still say he's not getting the ball enough. Predict Patterson's made field goals/offensive rebounds/dunks. [2 pts each] 7/1/4
- A nationally televised game, an undefeated team, a rowdy atmosphere, and two rivals could make for an intense game. Are any technical fouls assessed on either team/bench? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Everyone kept their head on straight, no techs in this game
- DeAndre Liggins has really played well. In 7 games and 79 total minutes he has yet to commit a turnover, is 7-12 from the field, 3-6 from the arc, hit both his free throws, has 4 steals, and played shutdown defense. Predict his points/steals/defensive rebounds [2 pts each] This has to be considered a surprise, Liggins only played 6 minutes and didn't impact the box score at all: 0/0/0
- Florida has 5 players who average double digits in scoring, led by Kenny Boynton with 14.6 ppg. How many Florida players reach double digits in points against UK? [3 pts] 3 Florida players finished with 10+ points
Deadline for entries is tip-off at 9:00 PM Tuesday, January 12.
Congratulations to Ken Howlett for winning GOG#16 with a score of 13 points! This is Ken's 4th GOG win and 2nd in a row. kentuckygirl0724 finished a strong 2nd with 11 points and btcoop71 was third with 10. Ken and Wild Weasel joined the 100 point club as each now have exactly 100 points overall.
|RK||UserName||# of GOGs||GOG #16||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|