Beyond the top 2 or three, I almost feel like drawing straws.
This week's action did very little to produce clarity for me. I am now convinced that both Miami and Florida State are very good football teams. Kansas is on the rise but I could not fit them in. Notre Dame seems like a team that is making some noise. Florida loses some respect for me, even though the Tennessee defense is obviously very, very good. USC is clearly not a top ten team, but how good is Ohio State right now?
As usual at this point in the season, the Blogpoll is more of a poke and hope than anything else. There are several teams that are highly ranked which have yet to be tested -- LSU comes to mind. Then there are others, like Texas, who have one really big win on their resume, but who will not really be tested for weeks to come. Alabama's win over Virgina Tech keeps getting better and better, and it will really look awesome if the Hokies can defeat the visiting Miami Hurricanes next week. Did I mention MIami looks good?
My blogpoll ballot follows after the jump.
|Last week's ballot|
- I still have no idea if Georgia is actually any good.
- Georgia Tech deserve to be hammered after the pounding they took.
- Cincinnati is very good. I think I have them too low.
- I keep thinking North Carolina deserves to be lower.
- Southern Cal is good but not great. What does that say about Ohio State? I think I need to fix that -- OSU should not be above USC.
- BYU was seriously overmatched against FSU. Florida is full of good teams this year, as is Oklahoma and Texas.
- Is Ole Miss really that good?
- I am becoming a believer in California.
- What do y'all think about Auburn, Iowa, Pittsburgh and Washington? UCLA?
- I think I can make a case for putting Florida third.
- Virginia Tech may be a bit too high.