Tonight, the Kentucky Wildcats take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs in Rupp Arena. This is a huge game for the 'Cats, as Mississippi State is one of the best teams in the West, and the 'Cats have dropped the last two games, one at home and one away. A three game losing streak with a two-game home loss component would definitely bode ill for the Wildcats going forward.
And now, the news.
Kentucky Basketball News
- UK does not plan to steer away from Jarvis Varnado. Since MSU really has few big people other than Varnado, that makes sense. Varnado can't cheat off his man like he did last year.
- More criticism of UK's recent play, particularly the intelligence of UK's players.
- Can MSU handle Meeks? I think so, they have plenty of guards to put on him.
- This blogger blames Kentucky's recent losing streak on "Gillispie's purposely-eratic substitutions." I don't know if he has a point or not, but UK used to continually criticize our previous coach for the same thing. I think we are just going to have to live with it.
- Gillispie blames Kentucky's recent slide on rebounding and ballhandling. Shocking.
- More on a possible Bob Knight return.
- Blocked shot battle tonight? The Clarion-Ledger thinks so.
- Wildcats Thunder as an MSU preview.
- Devan Downey is the SEC POW. No surprise there.
Kentucky Football/Other News
- Hal Mumme has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I'm sorry to hear that and hope that Hal beats the disease.
- Sam Simpson took his time before deciding on UK.
NCAA Basketball News
- #11 Butler loses to ... Wisconsin-Green Bay?
- Louisville gets manhandled by the Huskies. No shame there, the Huskies are mighty good this year.
- Georgia on Knight Watch? John Clay has the links.
- Mark Bradley blasts Bobby Knight, and says Georgia shouldn't hire him. Georgia fans, we suggest you consider the source, and we thank the AJC for getting Bradley out of our Commonwealth -- hopefully forever.
- Kansas is on a roll.
- Summitt is sent back to base camp.
NCAA Football News
- Mr. SEC does a very interesting analysis of recruiting rankings vs. success. We linked a similar analysis long ago that was done by Outside the Sidelines (who now blogs for Roll Bama Roll) that came to a different conclusion.
- Preston Parker sent packing by Florida State. Orange and Blue Hue revels in the schadenfreude.
- OSU lineman goes nuts, tastes Taser. Mmmmm ... Voltage! The SEC butt-whippings have finally driven the Buckeyes off the reservation, I guess.
Other News of Interest
Newport, Kentucky used to be more sinful than Vegas.