Another trip to Nashville, another depressing result. Of course, I do think a lot of UK fans were laboring under the delusion that we could beat a bunch of SEC teams while our best all-around player healed his wounds. I think the fallacy of that thinking has now been exposed. But this is the news, not a mournful commentary on last night.
And so, we move on to the rest of today's headlines and hidden gems ...
Kentucky Basketball News
- Vanderbilt lives at the line.
- Lance Goulbourne (who?) was a big key in Vanderbilt's win over UK.
- Kentucky at Vanderbilt as it happened, for all you masochists out there in the Big Blue Nation.
- "I didn't think I played very well at all," was Perry Stevenson's blunt self-assessment after three points and two rebounds in 23 minutes. What was your first clue, Perry?
- Gillispie's post-game audio.
- Post Vanderbilt thoughts.
- Meeks needs more help. Yeah.
- Kentucky's NCAA resumé takes a hit. No doubt. We need Patterson back in the worst way.
- And The Valley Shook (LSU) looks at UK. They'll be in Rupp Arena on the 28th.
- Eric Crawford says that the 'Cats have weathered about as much of an absence from Patterson as they can stand. I think he's right.
- Gillispie says the offensive execution, particularly in the second half, was nonexistent. I agree, coach. What are you going to do about that?
- Evan Hilbert at KSR has some thoughts.
- Pat Forde: Strech-run story lines.
Kentucky: Team or one man show? Umm... how about, "duet?" We sure hit a sour note as a solo act last night.
Kentucky Football/Other UK Sports News
- Anything But Gatorade disposes of an article I found yesterday but refused to link due to its vapid nature. I'm glad, because ABG does a much better job than I could have.
- This article out of Las Angeles talks about what a big catch wide receiver Chris Matthews is for UK. He looks like a big-time player to me.
- Kentucky men's golf is doing well, finishing second in a tourney down in Florida.
NCAA Basketball News
- Where do SEC teams stand with respect to the NCAA tournament? Well, I think that might be due for some revision.
- Michigan State is handled at Purdue.
- Kansas is just reloading.
- Tyler Zeller is healed and ready to play.
- Seth "I'm so pretty, who needs a brain?" Davis dazzle's us with his bloviation.
NCAA Football News
- Two BCS championships are not enough for Tim Tebow. He's changing the world!
- Will Texas Tech fire Mike Leach? That would be a heck of a story.