After winning the first 4 games of this annual series, UK has dropped 5 straight to the Tarheels. It's time to reverse that trend and UK has the personnel to do so. UNC is similar to UK in many ways, namely they have a big, talented front line and turnover problems. UK has the best player on the floor in Patrick Patterson and maybe the second best player too, although it's a close call between John Wall and UNC's Ed Davis.
* GOG #00 has information about the game. Follow the link if you have any questions.
* Statsheet.com has information about UNC.
* Congratulations to EagleTDL for winning GOG #06! Follow the link for full results.
GOG 2009 #07: UNC [Max 37 Points]
1. Who wins the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] UK
2. How many points does UK score? [4 points if correct, 3 points if within 1, 2 points if within 2, 1 point if within 3] 68
3. How many points does UNC score? [4 points if correct, 3 points if within 1, 2 points if within 2, 1 point if within 3] 66
4. How many ties in the game? How many lead changes? (note: 0-0 does NOT count as a tie) [3 pts each] 0 ties, 1 lead change
5. In two games against UNC, Patrick Patterson has 38 points, 20 rebounds, and 2 blocks while shooting 14-23 from the floor (60.9%) and 10-13 from the free throw line (76.9%). Predict his made field goals/made free throws/offensive rebounds. [2 pts each] Patterson went for 8/2/2. How's this for consistency: Patterson has now scored exactly 19 points in each game against UNC.
6. Both teams have had trouble with turnovers. UNC averages 17.2 per game and turns the ball over 22.7% of their possessions. UK averages 17.1 per game and turns the ball over 24.2% of their possessions. 35.5 turnovers for both teams combined: Do you take the Under or the Over? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] The teams combined for 37 turnovers, so Over.
7. The game could come down to the team that fails to turn the ball over last. Which team commits the final turnover of the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] UK turned the ball over last, Bledsoe with 47 seconds remaining. Fortunately that did not decide the game.
8. As mentioned above, both teams feature big, talented front lines with Davis, Tyler Zeller, and Deion Thompson for UNC and Patterson, DeMarcus Cousins, and Daniel Orton for UK. Which group of big men collect the most rebounds? The most blocks? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect, each] The UNC trio out rebounded the UK group 24-16. Both groups tied with 4 blocks a piece, so everyone got the second part of this question correct.
9. Speaking of Orton, he's given the team valuable minutes off the bench with good production. Predict his points/rebounds/blocks. [2 pts each] 0/4/2 and those blocks proved to be big.
10. The big pre-season question on offense was about 3-point shooting, but the Cats have come out and hit 37.9% from 3, their best percentage in quite some time. Bledsoe and Dodson have both been good and Miller is getting better. Who makes the most 3-pt shots for the Cats? [3 pts] This was a tie between Miller and Dodson with 2 each, so if you picked either one you got credit.
11. The UNC-A was a dunk-fest for UK. How many of those "high percentage shots" do they get against the TarHeels? [3 pts] 4 dunks for UK
Deadline for answers is tip-off at 12:30 PM on Saturday, December 5.
Congratulations to Ken Howlett for winning the UNC GOG. This makes Ken the first 2-time winner of the GOG this year! Full results are below.
|GOG #07 Rank||UserName||# of GOGs||GOG #07||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|