The Cats look to shake off the tryptophan in Louisville for a neutral (*snort*) court game against the Bulldogs of UNC-Asheville. The Bulldogs are still seeking their first win of the season having lost to, among others, Tennessee by 75 points (ouch!)
- GOG #00 has information about the game. Follow the link if you have any questions.
- Statsheet.com has information about UNC-A.
- Congratulations to Ken Howlett for winning GOG #05! Follow the link for full results.
GOG 2009 #06: UNC-Asheville [Max 37 Points]
- Who wins the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] UK
- How many points does UK have at halftime? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 45
- How many points does UK have at the end of the game? [4 pts if correct, 3 pts within one, 2 pts within two, 1 pt within three] 94
- Last year Jodie Meeks put on one of his many incredible scoring displays in Freedom Hall with 46 points - his career high at that point in time. Does a UK player score 30+ points in the game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] No
- Do any UK players establish a career high in points? How many players establish career highs in points? [First question: +1 if correct, -1 if incorrect, Second question: 3 pts] No, although Dodson tied his career high of fifteen points, nobody established a new career high in points. Incidentally, I thought Hood was a mortal lock to make this a "yes" since all he needed was 4 points.
- It seems like everybody on this team can block shots, even the guards (Wall and Bledsoe each have 5 for the season). How many UNC-A shots does UK swat away? [3 pts] 7 blocks
- Darnell Dodson reappeared in Cancun, but did he make it back to the Bluegrass? Predict his minutes/made 3-ptrs/steals/ [2 pts each] 20/3/0
- UK still only has 1 game in which they have more assists than turnovers. Do they accomplish the feat in this game? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] Yes, In a big way
- This is the kind of game where guys could potentially put up some big numbers. Which UK player has the most combined points+rebounds+assists+steals+blocks? [3 pts] This was a tie between Cousins and Wall
- UNC-A averages 74.8 possessions per 40 minutes, UK averages 71.3. How many possessions in the game? (Note: I'll be using Statsheet.com to answer this question) [3 pts] This game had 70 possessions. I think there was some confusion on this question - both teams have the same number of possessions in any given game and the number of possessions an individual team averages is a way to measure how quickly they play.
- Which group has the better FG% for UK: the starters or the bench? [+1 if correct, -1 if incorrect] The starters outperformed the bench on this one.
- Just because of the name: The bulldogs have a freshman named Austin Alecxih who has appeared in 4 of their 5 games and played a total of 15 minutes. Predict his minutes/points/steals. [2 pts each] 2/0/0
Deadline for answers is tip-off at 7:00 PM on Monday, November 30.
EagleTDL led the way with 16 points, making him the 6th different GOG winner, congratulations!
|GOG #06 Rank||UserName||# of GOGs||GOG #06||TOTAL PTS||Rank by PTS||AVERAGE||Rank by AVG|