It's Blogpoll time! Hooray! Blogpoll... Blogpoll... Blogpoll...
I love the Blogpoll, it's just so much fun these days. This week, I am Mr. Stubborn, I think -- very few changes from last week, and no big, sweeping jumps, just little bunny hops. Part of that, I guess, is due the age of the season -- its getting to the point just before the big rivalry games where everything can really go south. Plus, injuries are really starting to take their toll now, and healthy teams wil begin upsetting banged-up ones.
My ballot and comments follows the jump.
My ballot is as follows:
|Last week's ballot|
- Cincinnati has sold me, but strength of schedule moves them down a couple of notches. Actually, UC and Boise State could easily be considered 5a and 5b if you like. But Cincinnati has more opportunities for improvement than Boise State does in the SoS area. And UC is drubbing their weaker comp by embarrassing margins (I'm looking at you, Louisville).
- Iowa has risen about as far as they can unless one of the top 3 loses. The difference in points between them and Texas is as wide as the Gulf of Mexico, which also says a lot about teams below them.
- Southern Cal at Oregon this week. Something's gotta give. USC West could get a big boost, or Oregon could.
- Houston is almost maxed out. They can realistically rise no higher than about sixth, and that assumes everybody above them loses. Their SoS from here on out is embarrassingly weak. Look for them to win and still drop on my ballot.
- Georgai tech can still rise a bit if they keep winning, but the only quality foe left on their schedule is their rivalry game with Georgia, and that game looks to weaken unless Georgia can surprise in the Cocktail Party.
- LSU is about to hit a tough strech after this weekend, but they can really improve their position if they win out -- maybe even to the BCS title game. I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle on that happening, though.
- Pittsburgh's spot really gets tough, but they just took down a good FSU team at home. I'm not quite sold on the Panthers, but they are interesting.
- Ohio State is the most schizophrenic team I have seen in a while. Tyrelle Pryor is wasted in Tressell's system.
- Look at Clemson suddenly playing some football and taking out top ten Miami. They have a really great schedule to advance well up into the top fifteen if they keep winning -- all BCS teams but one, (an FCS this late? Well, UK has one) and all of them in the top sixty except rival USC East in the top 20. The Tigers are suddenly in a good place.
- How big was that OU thrashing of Kansas? I have never been a believer in Kansas, and I thank the Sooners for exposing them as the frauds I knew they were.
- Arizona is not long for the top 25. Trust me on this.