Then I'm walkin' in Memphis
Walkin' with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walkin' in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel
Marc Cohn -- Walkin' in Memphis
The really big news is today is that today is Liberty Bowl day, and the Kentucky Wildcats will be facing the Eastern Carolina Pirates in Memphis, Tennessee. And now, for news:
Liberty Bowl News
- Brooks is not thinking about retiring. Who thought he was?
- Beale Street Blue.
- Position by position matchups.
- Who will want it more? The question is, are the Pirates just excited to be there, or hungry for victory. UK has to be a bit disappointed in their season. based just on a quick view, you'd have to say the Pirates are more likely to want it more.
- Mitch picks the Liberty Bowl. Nice analysis here.
- Mark Story says that the Liberty Bowl is no yawning matter. I think he makes a good point here. If we are going to establish Kentucky as a program on the rise, it's not only important that we consistently get to bowls, but that we consistently win them, especially against non-BCS conference opponents.
According to Jody Demling, "East Carolina, which is favored by three points, can become the first C-USA team to beat an SEC foe in the three years those conferences have squared off in the Liberty Bowl."
Not a distinction UK wants, believe me.
- Could the Liberty Bowl be Trevard Lindley's NFL audition?
- Great story on the pre-Liberty Bowl shenanigans from the Cincinnati Enquirer.
- Brooks responds to the fact that most pundits and fans consider UK an underdog.
Kentucky vs. Louisville News
- Will Louisville's latest loss be good for them?
- Kentucky vs. Louisville pre-game notes.
- The Bleacher Report has a look at the UK-UL game.
- Jerry Tipton says UK needs a third scoring option.
- DraftExpress says this is a must-win game for the Cardinals. I think he's right, and that worries me. More and more, I wish Louisville had beaten UNLV earlier this week.
- Knowles knows defense.
Other UK Sports News
- UK hoops wins fourth straight.
NCAA Basketball News
- Marquette upsets Villanova.
- Eastern Washington coach arrested for DUI.
- CHN takes a look around college basketball.
NCAA Football News
- Georgia handles Michigan State. Congrats to the Dawgs.
- Nebraska defeats Clemson. Another ACC team gets the boot. Good.
- South Carolina loses big to Iowa.
- USC over Penn State in the Rose Bowl.
- USC's one loss haunts them.
Other News of Interest
- Nothing today.