Today marks day 2 PME (post-Meeks Eruption) and things still have not returned to normal in the Big Blue Nation. The national media is still buzzing, Big Blue fans are still chattering, and this is undoubtedly the biggest UK basketball event since Tubby Smith packed up for Minnesota.
But there are other things happening, and we'll get to some of that now.
Kentucky Basketball News
- Cat Scratches is the just-launched blog of UK Athletics. Eric Lindsey of the Media Relations department is apparently the blogger, and posted a ton of stuff yesterday you will want to read. Welcome to the blogsophere, Eric.
- USA Today has a 3 way discussion about the SEC. Kentucky and you-know-who figure prominently.
- Just in case you haven't had enough, LawVol at Gate 21 looks askance at UK-UT.
- Jerry Tipton has this blog on Liggins' notable absence from the Tennessee game.
- John Hood continues to dominate in losing causes.
- More Meeks.
- Even more Meeks from Mike Miller at Beyond the Arc.
- CHN chats with Jodie Meeks' father, Orestes.
Kentucky Football News
- It's already been posted, but in case you missed it in all the Meeks celebration, Trevard Lindley is coming back for his senior year.
- Myron Pryor selected for the East-West Shrine Game.
NCAA Basketball News
- Florida edges Auburn.
- Georgetown defeats Syracuse.
- Billy Gillispie's old team delivers a big upset of #21 Baylor.
- Illinois takes out #25 Michigan, splitting the series.
- LSU defeats South Carolina.
- Yikes. Lose a game, lose Derrick Favors to Georgia Tech. Dawg basketball fans are displeased -- all 137 of them.
- Heh. Told ya.
NCAA Football News
- There is now an official proposal for an early signing period for Football, but 'Bama Sports Report finds this particular proposal flawed, and has better ideas.
- Mike Hartline's brother Brian is jumping into the NFL waters.
- Sam Bradford may be returning to OU. That guy is really, really good, just in case his Heisman didn't make you aware of that already.
- Need a little sports related hilarity? By all means, Black Heart Gold Pants.